Broken Man; Shattered Soul

Geeeetttt uuuupppp...

Reid shook his head in confusion as the voice got louder.

Spenceeerrrr, get uppppp!

He opened his eyes, but all he saw was a bright blur. He slowly lifted his head and saw a figure standing in front of him.

Victor saw that Reid's eyes were opened and smiled.

"Oh good, you're finally up!"

Realizing he was restrained, Reid tried to remember what happened and why he was there.

"Wha-" Was all he could manage to say as his throat tightened.

Victor walked over to the taser gun laying on the table.

"Do you remember now?" He said menacingly as he played with the trigger.

Reid flinched as he remembered the sting of electricity that paralyzed every single nerve in his body. He watched silently as Victor paced the room in front of him.

"What do you want from me?" He asked adamantly.

Victor stopped and stared at him for a moment. What was it that he wanted?

He went over to the dining room table where the Reid family used to eat dinner together when Spencer was young boy. Grabbing a chair, he pulled it over and sat himself in front of Reid.

"I have to say, this is some beautiful craftsmanship," He taunted, admiring the intricate wood work, "I remember when Jeffrey finally finished making this. He was so proud, he took a picture of the whole table set and showed it to everyone at work that day," He mumbled as he slowly fingered the top of the chair's backboard.

Reid's eyes suddenly widened as the name, Jeffrey, flickered in his mind.

Why did he know that name?

As he desperately searched through the file cabinets in his brain for the answer, Victor continued to reminisce on old memories.

"I always thought of Jeffrey as a little brother," He sighed, "That was, well, before he decided to stab me in the back."

A concerned expression crossed Reid's face.

"Metaphorically," Victor assured him.

He licked his lips before he continued.

"Oh Spencer," He said soothing.

Reid looked up in confusion.

"I know you probably don't remember who i'm talking about and that's why you're racking your brain for answers... Am I right?"

He remained eye contact and made his expression emotionless as Victor smirked.

"That's what I thought, Boy, So right now, I'm going to tell you a little bedtime story that your dear mother forgot to tell you."

His mother.

For some reason, Reid had forgotten the events that happened before he was electrified. Frantically trying to recall what happened, he heard one of his mother's screams pierce his ears.

"SPENCER!"

He violently thrashed against the restraints and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"WHERE IS MY MOTHER?!"

He had managed to keep his composure for a long time, but this was it.

No more holding back.

Victor threw his head back and laughed as he watched Reid finally break.

"HOW DOES IT FEEL, SPENCER?" He yelled back.

Reid continued to fight against the restraints, but instead of answering back, he replied with nothing more than an ear-piercing, gut-wrenching scream. He let out all of his frustrations, all of his guilt, all of his shame, all of his self-hatred and more into this one scream.

Victor, who was standing near the back of the room, crossed the space between them and placed himself face-to-face with Reid.

He stood there for a second, analyzing the emotions that had finally caved-in and crushed the once innocent, brainy boy genius.

As Reid continued to scream, Victor mimicked and erupted into a scream of his own, though his was not a scream filled with pain, but rather of excitement and sick, twisted pleasure. They were both screaming at each other with such intensity, that their voices vibrated the floorboards beneath them.

Seeing that Victor was getting off on his pain, Reid went silent and threw his head back in his chair. Tears poured down his face faster than he'd ever known possible.

What was happening to him? One minute he was the "Show no weakness" FBI agent, and the next he was a broken man with a shattered soul that pleaded to know what he did to deserve all the bad things that have happened to him throughout his life.

As he stared up at the ceiling with tear-blurred vision, Victor grabbed a fistful of his hair and jerked his head forward.

"You want to see your mother, Spencer?" He asked.

Reid pulled his head back and looked the opposite direction.

After a minute, Victor let go of his hair and walked out of the room. He stopped at the doorway and looked back.

"I'm going to go get your mother... I think it's time we have a little fun."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I abandoned you guys for 2 months!

What is wrong with me?!

Anyways, I'm back (Maybe...)

It's almost Halloween (Also my birthday) wooooh!

Sorry I haven't updated in so long, the first 2 months of High School have been rough, so I've been trying to raise my grades and stuff + I've been head-over-heels obsessed with other shows/fandoms (SPN, TWD) so ive been dedicated a lot of my free time to them.

So hopefully you like this chapter! (sorry if ive lost my writing touch yet again, it happens a lot)

ILYSM! 3

-Sammie

(Btw, If you've ever read The Cask of the Amontillado by Edgar Allen Poe, I got the whole 'two guys screaming at each other' inspiration from that story, because im a geek and idgaf xD)