Unknown

Hotch hastily entered the conference room, coffee in hand.

"It's almost been forty-eight hours," He stated as he sat down.

"We still have nothing to hold against him. We'll have to let him walk," JJ mumbled, frowning into her drink.

The team watched as Rossi flew up from his seat.

"We don't need evidence!" He hollered and pointed towards the door.

"Prescott is obviously hiding something, and we need to use our profiling skills to figure out what it is."

"Jeez Rossi, calm down," Morgan responded.

He sat back down in his seat.

"Sorry, I just want to finish this case once and for all."

...

"Hey Garcia, it's Rossi."

"So I've heard," She replied as she threw her magazine across her desk.

"What can I do for ya?"

He thought for a moment before answering.

"I, uh, need you to pull up Hunter Prescott's phone log."

"Your wish is my command!" She replied as she stretched her fingers and began to furiously type away at her console.

Within seconds, her computer screen filled up with tabs. She quickly exited out of them until she had one left.

"Someone's been a very busy man," She joked, scrolling down the endless list of phone numbers.

Rossi pulled out his notepad and pen that he always carried around with him.

"Were there any calls that may look suspicious?"

"It'll take some time, but most of the calls looked like they were either from family or work." She said as she began organizing the list.

"Call me if you find anything."

"You betcha!" She concluded cheerfully.

It was about time someone asked for her help. She almost checked to see if her phone was broken. She was glad that she could finally be of use in the investigation again.

...

(30 minutes later)

Ring.

"What is it, Garcia?" Hotch answered, looking at the caller ID.

"I heard about your forty-eight hour dilemma, and I think you'll be happy to know that I've got a possible lead."

He set his phone down in the middle of the large conference table.

"Go ahead, you're on speaker."

She smiled and adjusted her headset.

"So I looked into Prescott's phone records, as Rossi asked, and after tirelessly sorting through the calls, I found multiple calls Prescott received from unknown numbers. Being the overachiever that I am, I tried to track them down, but all the of them were disposable phones, so I couldn't. If you ask for my opinion, I'd say that all the calls were made by the same person, since each phone number was registered at the same location."

Morgan grinned at the phone.

"What would we do without you, Baby Girl?" He replied playfully.

She laughed, smirking to herself as she ended the phone call. Returning her attention back to her monitor, she searched relentlessly as she cross-referenced the unknown phone numbers with all the convenient stores that sold disposable cell phones in Kansas. She knew it would take a long time, even with her amazing computer skills, to find the information she needed, but it would all be worth it in the end. Once she found the store, she would be able to send the coordinates to her fellow team mates and let them talk to the store owner.

She was prepared to do whatever it took to help her family nail Hunter Prescott with the punishment he deserved.

Here's a short little chapter for you guys!

Before you say it, Yes, I know that I use a lot of dialogue in my chapters! My writing goal is to work on using less of it.

So basically this chapter is a bit of foreshadowing for future events, so that's why it's shorter than my last few dramatic scenes.

As always, you guys are AMAZING, and I wouldn't love to write if it weren't for you!

Speaking of amazing, this story is just about to reach 11K views! It may not be a lot for some people, but it's more than enough for me! Just to know that a few people have read and liked my story means so much! :D

Thank you all!

-Sammie