The Chase

A/N: Hey there!

Sorry this first chapter is so long! I'm kinda just trying to set the theme and everything :) This is my first fanfiction, so please tell me how i'm doing so far! :D Thanks!

----------------------------------------------

It was just a normal day at the BAU.

Morgan was at his desk, sighing as he worked on the incomplete piles of paperwork towering his desk.

Prentiss was sitting on the brown couch in Hotch's office, clearly in deep conversation as she stared intently in front of her with her legs crossed.

JJ was at her desk, balancing the weight of her head on her left hand as she held her phone against her ear with her right, clearly not interested, but still focused with whoever was on the other end of the line.

Reid was in the kitchenette, fixing himself his regular cup of coffee before situating himself at his desk and pulling out a thick-paged novel he would surely finish within 30 minutes.

Rossi was in his office, hunched over his desk as he scribbled little, but detailed notes about his recent cases into his small black notepad.

Garcia was in her usual cubical, aimlessly waving her fluffy pink pen in her hand as she read and revised old case information and finalized it.

"We've got a case," JJ yelled, projecting her voice loud enough, so the whole team could hear.

͠

"Now that everyone's here, let's begin."

Hotch said, speaking in monotone as usual.

"Yes, Sir!"

Garcia replied, gracefully hopping up from her seat and grabbing the grey remote to the projector.

"This is Venae Turner,"

Garcia announced as the picture of the first victim quickly popped onto the screen.

"She's sixty three years old and currently lives out her days at the Brewington Folks Home in Brunswick, Maryland. Her body was found a week ago in front of a local antique store."

Another image was shown.

It was a worn-down building, about one hundred years old, and had three stories. It was painted green, but looked faded from time.

There weren't many windows. It looked as if someone had them removed at one point. There was an old styled, black and white fringed canopy covering the entrance.

Surrounding the building were neighboring businesses such as small town restaurants and convenient stores.

Garcia stared at the image and smiled,

"As much as I hate crime scenes, or any crime-related things in general, I just love the looks of this place... It's so cute!"

The team exchanged a few awkward glances, but then laughed. If anyone could shine light on a depressing situation, it was Penelope Garcia.

"Anyway,"

Garcia began again, drawing their attention back to the case,

"Our second victim is Gail McClellan. She's a fifty six years old school teacher at Colonial Ridge Elementary, which is also in Brunswick, Maryland. Her body was found several days later at a nearby church."

"Near...?" Morgan interjected, making sure he didn't miss out any important details.

"Near, as in exactly seven miles from the first dump site, Sugar."

Garcia winked and grinned foolishly.

Looking at the images of the Antique Store and Church, JJ felt a sad feeling growing in the pit of her stomach.

On the weekends, JJ and Will liked to go shopping for antiques and old knick-knacks in stores much like the one she was forced to look at now as a crime scene.

"Were there any ligature marks on the victims?" Reid asked, snapping JJ back to reality.

"No, but they do have puncture wounds on their neck suggesting they most likely died of an overdose. The Coroner's report also mentions that both victims had traces of Chloroform in their systems." Garcia stated, slightly more intrigued by the use of this old-school method.

The team looked slightly more intrigued as well.

"So, this guy kidnaps women in their fifties, knocks them out with Chloroform, takes them to wherever he's hiding out, kills them with a drug overdose, and then dumps them at locations such as antique stores and churches? Is it just me, or does this unsub seem to have a grudge against older people and their time?"

Rossi stated, a sorrowful look in his eyes. It's not very settling to know that you could possibly qualify as a future victim in a case.

"Maybe he's trying to make a statement?"

Prentiss said, trying to think outside the box.

"Wheels up in thirty."

Hotch announced as he got up and left the team to their theories.