Sacrificial

"You will have to transit."

Desiree stared hard at Jeronimo even though he had repeated this sentence for three times already. "What?"

"You will..." "I know Jeronimo, what I mean is... why? Why do I have to transit in order to bring Alice back?" Desiree asked, breaking off Jeronimo's sentence.

The moment of silence stretched on until someone stepped in between them. Someone none other than him.... Lucius.

"The reason to that is because your ability is only halved." Lucius explained slowly dragging out his words forcefully. He was reluctant to explain everything to Desiree as he knew once her mind is made, there will be no other ways or reasons for her to turn back. He would rather tell her everything by himself then to suffer her wrath later when she found out he knew the way to bring Alice out all along...

Jeronimo stared at Lucius not knowing how to help that boy. He knew what will happen to him. He knew what will happen to them. He knew everything that was planned and yet, there was nothing he could do to help them. There was nothing he could do to save them.

He is just a Turned Vamp. There is only so much he can do... And it is so little... So, so little...

"Your power, your ability is to control people's emotions and feelings. You are an empath. You feel what others feel and with it, you can detect other people's ability and power and you can seep through their emotions and then into their power. You will be able to tackle them from there. However, to acquire that kind of power, you will first have to transit. It is impossible for any halfling to be able to do that. Unless, if their opponent is a halfling as well... But Veronika is no halfling. She is a full pure blood. You will have to change...just to win her..." Lucius explained slowly.

Desiree listened to Lucius carefully, she didn't know she could do so much with her powers. She always thought her power was a big hassle. A hazard to her even. Being able to listen to everyone's feelings and thoughts can literally drive someone crazy. "After the transition, you will be able to switch it off if you want to..." Lucius stated. She looked into his stoic face and saw a hint of fear and worry.

He is worried about her... Worried that she might regret. Worried that she might be guilt-ridden like Julian. She do not need to be an empath to know that. Everything was shown in his eyes...

And Everything Will Go Just As Planned...

~Veronika's Dark Castle~

"We can find a way out together." Alice said the moment Lilith moved towards her, her eyes tint red and her fangs emerging out of her smeared red lips. "What?"

"I say, we can find a way out together. I have a rough idea on how I can get out but... I need your help." Alice explained patiently looking around the empty darkness that consumed everywhere besides them. "And what makes you think I will help someone that I detest so much that I want to rip her into tiny pieces with my fangs?" Lilith asked, retracting her fangs, her eye colour slowly turning back to her usual blue.

"Because you hate Veronika more than you hate me and you want to get out of this freak place as much as I do." Alice reasoned, trying her very best to will herself into manifesting her powers... Lilith stood crossing her arms, pondering whether to agree with Alice or find a way out on her own... But it had been so long since she was trapped here.... She want to get out, desperately. She is hungry and scared and if Alice is her only one way ticket back to the real world outside.

Then they will work together.

"Okay. What do you want me to do?" Lilith decided, moving closer to Alice. The girl in front of Lilith grinned eerily, eyes turning maroon.