New Girl

"So do you like this place?" Viktoria asked, bringing Alice everywhere around the castle. Nobody seemed to be around, but Alice didn't bother, neither did she care to reply. She was too busy taking in every details of the castle. It was simply amazing.

The hallway was decorated with paintings and sculptures. The wall was painted in Royal purple, with crystal lighting brightening the route as they walk. For the first time Alice felt like a royalty. A princess. Of course, she knew she wasn't one, but it doesn't hurt to think about it right?

The next place they went to was the classrooms. Each classroom had a subject written at the door. However, there will always be 3 classrooms for each subjects. Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3. Alice finds it a little cryptic. "Why do you guys put that? Are there a lot of students or is this just something to do with their academic?"

Viktoria looked thoughtful for a moment before replying. "You see Alice, we have a lot of students here at Vamanight High. Therefore, there is a need to separate them into three classes. As for academic, it is important darling but we do not separate them that way..."

Alice understood what Viktoria meant. She couldn't just separate them according to their academics. It would have demoralised them. Alice glanced into the classrooms as Viktoria explained about the rules of Vamanight High and how they do not tolerate students staying up late.

Each classroom felt so different. Alice just can't explain that feeling. Even though it looks the same, their classroom designs, the tables, the chairs and hell, even their bottles.

Wait a minute, bottles? Alice peered into Class 1 and Class 2 again then at Class 3. There were a few glass bottles in Class 1 and 2, that looked exactly the same. Strangely, just not Class 3. The bottles were empty but one of them had a few drops in it that was scarlet. Could it be wine? Alice took a few steps forward into Class 2.

"What are you looking at darling? Is there something that you don't understand?" the voice of Viktoria startled Alice. She shook her head vigorously and smiled. She understood everything perfectly, that she saw nothing.

The students here are not getting into trouble because of her. She might not care about being accepted by them but she wasn't going to ruin everything for herself by getting into trouble with the students around here. Just like how she got into trouble with those orphanage bullies...

"Well then, if there's nothing, let's move along..." with one last look at the bottle, Alice followed Viktoria, leaving the bottles behind her head.

The next place Alice was brought to was the dining hall. It was extravagant, nothing like what she had ever seen. The crystal lighting was dazzling and the ceiling was covered with beautiful Celtic arts. The walls are painted in brown and gold, both side hung with a painting. They have three long tables and each one of them had a different coloured rose. A red one, a black one and a white one. There are about six in each tables, giving them a division in one long table.

Alice was mesmerized by the luxurious dining hall that Viktoria had to clear her throat to bring her out of her trance.

"So, everyone will be gathered here during their breaks. The table with red roses are for Class 3, the table with the black roses for Class 2 and of course, the table with white ones are for Class 1!" Before Alice could ask Viktoria why it was divided by classes again, Viktoria ushered her away.

"And last but not the least, your bedroom!" Viktoria said enthusiastically. She practically dragged Alice from the dining hall, back to the classrooms and down the hallway. Finally stopping outside a door, with 'Alice Darksky' engraved on it. At the side of the door there was a number 1 in gold.