10

The sun was already slowly being replaced by the moon. We were back on the road walking to find a safe place to spend the night.

"It's already getting dark we're not gonna be able to find a place that quick," Ally worried.

She was right, it was gonna be hard because not every apartment was open and unlocked, but again, finding a safe place to stay was the only choice we had.

I felt Camila's eyes were focused on the side of my head as we walked. What did she want? I was curious but I didn't give in to meet her eyes... I didn't want to get my hopes up and assume there was meaning behind her stares.

"We need to hurry..." Normani said while taking the lead.

Gosh- walking in the empty street were giving me goosebumps. The night was cold and I really wish I had a jacket right now.

"I can't do this...." Camila spoke and came to a stop. It caused all of us to stop too. "I can't feel my legs anymore," She said with her eyes looking like she was gonna cry.

Seeing nobody was going to do something, not ever Ariana, I walked up to her and got down on my knees and patted my back — a sign for her to hop on. She didn't get on my back, so I looked at her, "Hurry up, before I change my mind," I told her and she then quick got on my back.

We continued to walk, and I was glad no one said a word and made a big deal about it.

I felt Camila's head rest on my shoulder, as her hands were dangling around my neck. "Thank you," She whispered into my ear, the action sent shivers down my spine. Gosh- What I would do to have this women kiss me again like before.

We all turned the corner and stopped in our tracks once we spotted around 100 zombies walking around the place. "WE'RE GONNA DIE!" Sophia shouted catching every zombies attention.

"Fuck!" I cursed and started running with Camila still on my back. She held on tight.

We all panicked and went our separate ways. I quickly went inside one shop tripping over something once I got in. "Ouch!" Camila and I said at the same time when we hit the floor.

I couldn't really see a thing; it was pitch black inside here. "You okay?" I asked with a low voice as I reached my hand out to find where she was.

My hand landed on her, "You okay?"

"Lauren?" Camila squeaked out. "That's my butt you're holding..." Her words made me quickly remove my hand. Fuck- I felt my cheeks start to heat up, and gladly it was dark in here. "Uhh- Sorry..." I apologized with a pounding heart.

"Here- uhhh- take my hand," I said and held my hand out for her to take.

"I can't see," She replied just above a whisper.

"Just reach out and find my hand," I simply instructed her and waited for her to find my hand.Soon a hand painfully collided with my face.

"Ouch!" I whisper-yelled and rubbed my face gently. "I said reach out, Camila, Not slap me," I complained, and it caused her to chuckle lightly.

"Sorry," She said and I knew very well she was smiling ear to ear.

I finally found her hand myself and intertwined our fingers together. "Just follow me, yeah?" I said, starting to crawl slowly.

After crawling for a few good seconds in total silence, Camila spoke up, "Lauren, I think we're crawling in circles..." She giggled beside me.

I smiled at how cute she was. Fuck- She's adorable. I reached up and found a doorknob, "I found a door," I informed her before standing up.

I turned the doorknob and rushed inside the dark room. "Hurry up," I said and pulled Camila in and shut the door behind us — that's when I realized the space in this room was very small, too small that Camila and I were literally standing right in front of each other. I felt the room get hot as our bodies were touching.

"Where the hell is the lights?" She asked and I reached out to find the switch.

After a few seconds of searching, I finally found it. "I'm gonna on the light, okay?" I alarmed the brunette.

"Okay...." Camila responded, and so I turned on the light and it was blinding for a few seconds.I looked down at our intertwined hands and I instantly let go. "Good job, Jauregui. You found a janitors closet." She sarcastically said.

I rolled my eyes, "Camz, this closet is better than outside, so be thankful," I responded.

She gave me a warm look and it caused me to arch an eyebrow questioningly, "What?" I asked.She shrugged and bit her bottom lip, "Nothing... I just like how you call me Camz," She told me with a warm smile.

I smiled too. "Really-" I was caught off guard when she began to lean in and peck my cheek. My hand reached out to cup her face as she backed away. I didn't know what I was doing, but my heart was pounding and yelling for me to do what I wanted, so I do. I lean in and she doesn't stop my lips from pressing against hers.

I put my arms around my waist pulling her closer. I felt like I was on another planet — I had butterflies in my stomach, my head was spinning and I felt as if my heart was slamming against my chest like a fucking sledgehammer. I didn't want this moment to end.

She finally pulled away and I kept my eyes closed as I ached for her lips to be on mine again."Lauren!" I heard Ally call from outside, that's when I heard the door swing open and I opened my eyes to see Camila had already ran out.

I didn't understand.... Why?

I sighed as the answered popped in my head; Ariana.