8

Lauren's POV

I woke up with my head resting on someone's lap.

I looked up to see Camila giving me her sweet smile. "Hey," She said and that's when I realized we were sitting under a tree. What were we doing outside instead of being in the car?

I slowly sat myself up, "Why are we not in the car?" I questioned all confused.

"Well...." The brunette began. "We ran out of gas, and we couldn't keep walking because you were unconscious," She explained to me.

I nodded my head to show I understood.

"Why'd you faint?" She suddenly asked.

'I was jealous, and the pain was too much to take in because I still love you, Camila.' I said in my mind.

"Lauren?" She called me back to reality.

I shrugged, "I was just tired," I lied.

'The truth is I love you, but I'm too late. All I can do now is watch you fall for someone else. I'm sorry! I'm sorry that I left when I should have stayed. I'm a fool for letting myself walk away. I fucked up and now sorry won't be able to bring you back, to bring us back.' I said in my mind as I felt like I was going to cry.

"Why are looking at me like that?" The younger girl asked while quirking an eyebrow.

"Nothing..." I told her.

"You look like you're gonna cry, are you okay?" She asked worried.

'I'M NOT!' I yelled in my head, feeling a tear run down my cheek. I met her eyes, "I should go," I said, but Camila tugged my arm and stopped me from leaving.

"Lauren, please talk to me...." She cupped my face in her hands and wiped the tears off my cheek that I didn't even know was there.

I shook my head, "I told you I'm fine..." I pressed and took her hands off my face.

A figure approached us, "Mila, I need to talk to Lauren," It was Dinah.

Camila just nodded in response and stood up to leave.

"What's up?" I asked Dinah once Camila was gone.

"Do you still love her?" Dinah questioned seriously. Wow- She just asked straightforward.I nodded, "I love her," I said as my eyes looked at Camila — who was talking to Shawn.

A hand collided with my arm, "Then why'd you fucking leave her, Loser?!" She snapped at me.I looked at her with wide eyes, "That hurt!" I told her while rubbing the arm she just smacked.She inched her face closer to me, "Answer my question, Jauregui," She demanded.

"It's complicated, okay?" I told her and she slapped my arm again.

"Can you stop slapping me?!" I yelled to the taller girl.

I sighed while running a hand through my hair. "It's very complicated that I can't tell you why," I said and forced myself up to walk away.

"Lauren!" I heard Dinah call after me, but I kept walking towards the car where everyone else was."How are you feeling?" Ally asked as she saw me approaching.

I gave the girl a warm smile, "I'm good, thanks. I was just tired," I told her and she just nodded understanding me.

Normani showed up from behind Ally, "What happened to your hand?" Normani asked spotting the wound caused by my nails from earlier.

I shook my head, "Nothi-" I stopped when Camila grabbed my hand stared at the wound."Lauren?" Camila said — I guessed she wanted an explanation. I opened my mouth to say something but I got interrupted by Ariana, "Babe? Can I talk to you?" She called Camila.I watched my ex-girlfriend walk away with her current girlfriend.

~Flashback~

"Where's Camila?" I asked, worrried. I've been looking for her for about an hour."I don't know..." Normani shrugged and walked back to the kitchen.

"Dinah!!" I called and instantly the taller girl came out of the kitchen. She quirked an eyebrow at me in a questioningly way.

"Have you seen Camila?" I asked, but Dinah shook her head. I sighed deeply. I checked every room in the apartment, she wasn't here and I didn't see her go out. I was clueless.

"Did any of you see Camila go out?" I yelled. I got no response, so I walked into the Kitchen where Ally, Normani, and Dinah were.

"Surprise!" The three yelled, holding up a sign saying 'I love you.'

A smile made it's way to my lips, but I was confused on where Camila was. "Where is-" I was interrupted when someone behind me coughed on purpose.

I turned around and my eyes connected with Camila's brown ones, she was knelt on one knee while holding a ring in her hands.

I felt my eyes start to water.

Camila quickly stood up, "Baby, don't cry," She told me.

I chuckled, "Don't worry, they're happy tears..." I smiled at her which she quickly reciprocated.She pulled a letter out of her back pocket and handed it to me.

Dinah stepped forward, "I'll read that for you," She said and took the letter. Camila got back on one knee and held my hand in her left as she held the ring in her right hand.

Gosh- I feel so bubbly right now.

Dinah began to read the letter;

'Dear Lauren,I give you this ringas my promise to always love youA promise that I'll always be trueand a promise that I'll never stopshowing you how much I care

I promise that I'll hold youwhen your day isn't going rightand I will comfort youthrough every long cold night

I promise that I'll make you smilewhen you're feeling unhappyAnd I promise that I'll be herewhen you're feel lonelyI promise that I will guide youwhen the future isn't clear

I promise I will be there to wipe away your every tearI promise that through bad and goodWe will make it throughI give you this ring as a promise A promise that I will always love you.'
By the end of the letter, tears were running down, and I laughed happily. She slipped the promise right onto my finger and I quickly pulled her into a long and meaningful kiss.

"Awww!" Came from Dinah, Normani, and Ally from the side of the room.

The kiss broke and Camila hugged me tightly. "I love you...." I whispered into her ear while wrapping my arms tightly around her.

"I love you too....." She whispered back.

~End of flashback~

I was staring into thin air, as I wiped my tear away before anyone notices. That memory was way back when the band wasn't missing the love of my life. I remembered her promise ring she gave was in my pocket, I always tucked it with me ever since I left. Whereever I go I always took it with me.

"Since Lauren is now awake, we can start walking until we find another car...." Shawn said.