18

Camila's POV

Fire, explosion, and deafening noise that make your ears ring. Normani were miles out of town when the explosion happened, it was terrifying how we could've been in all that. Happy tears or so, I guessed since I was scared nor sad. I looked over to my friend and she was in the same position as I was, tears also escaping he eyes.

"I fucking love you, Mila!" She wrapped he arms around me as the car was still parked. "I just needed to let you know that- we could've just died without you knowing and I would've regret it forever." She pulled away and wiped her tears.

"I love you too, Mani." I smiled.

"And I'm sorry non of us reached out when you left. You should know that it was management- they forced us to sign a contract to never contact you again and act like we were mad." She confessed. "You were one of our best friends, and we never hated you, so you should know that too."

I nodded. "I thought I ruined us- I- thank you." I removed my seat belt to hug her and she holds me tightly. "And I never hated you guys either."

I pulled away and we wiped our faces and chuckled.

"Okay, let's get going." She shifted in her seat. "We need to find them before they leave to somewhere else."

I nodded and turned on the car before driving off.

We arrived at the destination; everyone was looking at us as we got out of the car. In seconds, Lauren was running with tears in her eyes, and smiling with relief before she tackled me into a hug. "I- I thought I lost you forever!" She breathed into my shoulder; her arms tightly wrapped around me as my own were doing the same.

"We got out of town before the explosion," I explained.

Dinah, Ally, Ariana, and Shawn tackled Normani.

"I'm so glad you two are okay!" Dinah exclaimed before hugging me as well. "I didn't know you could drive, Walz?" She pulled away in question.

"She had to learn last minute," Normani patted my back. "We almost died a couple times, but she pulled through at the end."

Lauren wrapped her arms again, "I am so glad you guys made it out!" She breathed out. "We've been crying for hours," Ariana admitted. "We thought we lost you two for good." She hugged me along with Ally and Shawn.

"We love you guys," Ally mumbled before we all got into a group hug.

We went to sit down and John handed us some coffee. "Glad to see you two all good. I'm sorry we had to bomb the town- It was orders we couldn't ignore." He smiled. "We're going to start moving people to an underground safe place before we start clearing state and continue world wide."

"Finally!" Dinah exclaimed. "This whole thing was not good for my hair," She flipped her hair.

"Not even a bad situation can stop Dinah Jane from saying that," Ally chuckled. "God bless you."We laughed.

"We should all have a get together after all of this ends!" Shawn bounced. "We could dress up as zombie hunters or zombies-"

"Noooo!" We all said in sync.

"To the get together, yes, but I've had enough of zombies," I waved off. "Let's just try to move on from the walking dead as soon as it ends."

Dinah and Normani nodded along.

"I agree," Normani said. "I'm still kind of traumatized by watching Sophia get eaten."

"Same here," Ally replied.

"I'm not," Dinah shrugged as she sipped her coffee. "I drove over her with a damn school bus," She flipped her hair before doing a duck pose. "Sorry, but that was the best thing I've done throughout of this apocalypse," She chuckled.

"Camila and I jumped out of a window," Shawn laughed. "Pain but sick!"

"Shawn pooped his pants after coming face to face with a zombie," I chuckled. "And then I stabbed the zombie to death."

"I hot wired a car," Ariana joined.

"Wow, Lauren, Ally, and I didn't really do anything epic," Normani chuckled.

"I kissed Camila and that was epic," Lauren pointed out. "After being chased by zombies."

"I didn't do anything," Ally shrugged. "I just survived." She shared a high five with Normani.

"The only thing I did was lost a bet with Dinah and now I owe her 50 bucks," Normani counted."Camz was the main character in this," Lauren nudged me playfully.

I nodded with a smile. "I volunteered to get us all food, I jumped out of a window, killed a zombie, found a car all by myself, almost died, shot at zombies, and so much more. It was crazy."

"Definitely going to be a tiktok trend of sharing stories about the whole apocalypse experience," Ariana said.

We nodded along.

"Any of you need this," John approached us with a phone in his hand. "There's another survivers group, so maybe your families are there."

"Can I go first?" I stood up and took the phone.

They nodded and I went to call my parents. As the phone rings as I held it up to my ear, my heart is pounding in fear that no one would answer. As the phone ring and my heart pounds, I take a seat.

"Hello?"

"Mami?" I spoke out in shock of her voice. "Is that you? Are you okay?"

"It's me, Mija," She cried and I immediately bursted into tears. "Are you okay? Your dad and Sofi are here! We-We're all okay."

I nodded as the relief made my heart lift off. "I'm okay- I'm okay-" I cried.

"Here- Sofi wants to talk to you."

I nodded.

"Kaki?" She sniffed, making it visible she has been crying. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. Are you? Are you hurt in anyway?"

"I'm okay," She cried out. "I miss you- I thought that I'd never see you again!"

We talked for a few minutes before I talked with my dad - who was crying as well and telling me we'll soon be all together and okay again, and in that moment, I believed him.

As I was done, the rest used the phone and there families were all okay as well. We did a short celebration by planning a get together party that would take place after all of this is done, and all our families would be invited.

"Camila, may I steal you away?" Lauren asked as she stood up. "I want to talk."

"CAMREN!" Dinah clapped as we got up to leave.

"This obviously all over and I'm glad that I was with you through all of it because you were brave and selfless, and just amazing. And I'd love to think that destiny was working in our favor by getting us all stuck in that basement together to repatch things and let the truth fly out." She took my hands into her own. "There was never a day that went by that I didn't love you, Camz. You are and always had been the one for me-" She reaches into her back pocket and my eyes water at the sight of the promise ring I had given her years back. "Will you, Camila Cabello, be my girlfriend?"

I bit my lower lip and nodded eagerly, "YES!" I wrapped my arms around her. "I love you!" I pulled away and she slid the ring onto my finger. "I love you too," She smiled before leaning in to connect our lips.

My heart soared with joy and everyone around us disappeared as we shared a kiss of passion and love. I couldn't be happier in my life, and as I pulled away, her green eyes flashed all of the joy I was feeling myself. "This is forever now," She smiled.

"This is forever."