3

Lauren's POV

Even if shawn was with her out there, I was still worried that something bad might happen. Now the regret of me letting Camila leave was eating me alive. I couldn't sleep without knowing if she was okay or not. I still completely cared about her. She's my greatest love and always will be.

~Flashback~

"I love you so much!" I sobbed as I took my hands into her own, softly squeezing them, my heart not failing to break as I knew I had to end this with a break up. "And I waited because I wanted us to work! But here you are, still picking your career over your girlfriend."

She wasn't speaking which made it worse for me.

"I don't get you!" I shook her hands as I spat out. "You told me once you reached your goal in your career, you'd finally put me first... Yet we're standing here, face to face and you've finally reached your goal, but you're still telling me that I still come last..." I took a breath before looking at her with sorrow eyes, "Will I ever be your first priority?"

I felt like passing out, I didn't want to do this, but I had to, so I gave my shoulder a push, "Tell me, Camz!" I yelled and shoved her backwards. "Fucking tell me if I'll ever be important to you!"My heart was twisting in my chest as I was the one to cause the real pain from what I was doing. I continued to sob, "Wha- What do I need to do for you to pick me this time? What else do want me to do?" I asked. "I'm tired of waiting..."

I sniffed. "I don't want to do this anymore, Camila. I just can't keep living like this with you. I can't keep waiting for a day that I'm not even sure will ever come. I'm done. I hope your career reaches the highest point there is....." I forced a smile before turning my heel and walking away.I wanted nothing more that to turn around and tell her I didn't mean all my words, that I was forced to do all of this, and that she was and will always be the only girl I will ever love in my life. But I didn't. I couldn't. I was doing this for her. The break up was for her future.

~Another Flashback~

Camila's coming tomorrow to visit as she said, but according to her — she's only staying here for 2 days. We've been planning for a whole month just to make this happen and now that its finally going to happen. I'm dying to see her! She finally had the time for me and we'd get to make the most of 2 days being together. I eyed the boquete of flowers I had bought for her and smiled. Suddenly my phone rang in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket and an 'Unknown number' was calling me, but I still answered and held the phone up to my ear.

Me: Hello?

: Lauren Jauregui?

Me: *I furrowed my eyebrows* Yes? This is she. How can I help you?

: I saw her plane tickets.

Lauren: What? *I asked confused*

: I know Camila's meeting up with you tomorrow, so If you really love your girlfriend and you want nothing bad to happen to her, meet up with me now. I'll text you the address.

Me: *My eyes widened* Who the hell is th-

The call ended and fear rushed all over my body. I didn't know what to do. Who the hell was that? My phone vibrated; signaling me I received a message; it was the address.

Fuck- I didn't want to figure out what would happen to Camila if I didn't go to this address, so I ran out of my apartment not bothering to wait for whatever might happen if I didn't show to whomever had called.

I finally reached my car and got in. I felt my heart racing through my chest as I turned the keys in the ignition switch — the car roared to life and I quickly raced to the address that was sent to me.Once I arrived at the address and parked my car out front. I ran inside the building and quickly hopped inside an elevator all the way to the 16th floor. I read in the text to double check; Meet me on the 16th floor, to the left, there's a room at the end of the hall. See you, Jauregui.The elevator popped open, and I quickly ran to the end of the hall and without another word I barged into the room. My heart stopped at seeing who it was, "Simon?" I breathed out. What the hell?

"Nice to see you again, Lauren." He smiled at me and pointed to the chair infront of his desk, "Take a seat," He told me.

I followed his words and sat down. "What am I-" He raised his hand and shushed me. "I'll do the talking," He informed me with a serious tone.

I nodded slowly.

"Good. Now, listen to me, okay?" He started. "We need you to break up with Camila," He told me and I instantly chuckled lowly.

"No way in hell," I said as I shook my head. There is no way I'm breaking up with Camila. I rather die than do such thing - she's everything to me.

He laughed at me and my guts told me something bad was about to happen. "I wasn't asking, it's an order. If you don't follow, I'll ruin her career. Everything she built will be ruined because of you, do you really want that?" He grinned evilly at me.

This can't be happening. This is ridiculous.

I stood up, "You can't do that!" I slammed my fists on his desk.

"But I will..." He smirked and sat back into his chair.

I clenched my teeth, I wanted to punch his face so bad. He can't just do this. This is bullshit!"I'll leave the choice up to you...." He said, waving his hand towards the door; signaling for me to leave. I turned my heel and headed to the door.

"Oh, and Lauren?" Simon called.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at him.

"Don't tell Camila about our little meeting or there will be... Consequences." He said and I left. I didn't have a choice but to follow his orders.