Chapter Twenty-Three

*Please keep an open mind here. Callie is making the choices she is making because her emotions are all over the place. I don't want to get comments saying she shouldn't be doing this, because obviously that's true. She shouldn't. But she's under a lot of stress. She's young and is going to make some dumb decisions. Plus, it's going to put forth in motion the true plot of this book.
P.S. In college, I used to drink Everclear mixed with the green Hawaiian Punch. That stuff will definitely mess you up and is one of the reasons I decided to become sober.*

•Callie•

•Callie•

One month. One whole lonely month without Gray.

I've not so much as caught a glimpse of him passing by. It seems they've truly been able to keep him away from the clubhouse, even if I stop by unannounced. It's almost as if they know I'm coming by before I decide to.

Not that I'm spending nearly as much time at the clubhouse as I used to. No, that ship has sailed.

Until they start treating me like the adult I know I am, I'll act like the child they think I am and ignore them.

They don't deserve my presence. Not after what happened. Not after I've been ripped away from Gray so harshly.

I may have swapped apologies with my brother, but I'm far from forgiving the lot of them for their actions.

Blade and the club still agree that I'm not allowed to be with Gray, even now, a month later after they've had time to think it over.

Blade claims I 'might' be able to have him when he's patched, but with every passing day, it seems less likely that it's going to happen. Stone even went as far as saying he'll have to find Gray a few girls to celebrate with for the day he finally gets patched.

"What's running through that head of yours?" Vera, my new friend, questions, pulling away from the guys lips she's attached to. He looks upset she's left him hanging, but her hands find their way to his pants and run over his manhood to distract him.

The party rages on around us. Wasted college age kids and degenerate druggies surround me as I stay put on the couch, out of my element. Sure, the Wolves put on some ragers, but at least most of them are family.

Ever since meeting Vera, she's been a whirlwind of a girl. Staying in to binge Real Housewives one night, then the next to a wild party at one of her 'daddies' houses. Overall, she's incredible, and crazy, and the complete opposite of me, but for some reason, we work.

We met when Roxie hired her at the diner. She'd just graduated from UCLA with a degree in Art and decided to hitchhike her way to Vegas, hooking up with countless guys and girls along the way and smoking her weight in weed.