Chapter Nineteen

*Just wanted to remind you all that I love you. This chapter is hella long.
P.S. In case you don't follow me, Hurricane Dorian has passed and hubby and I survived! No damage to us and minimal damage to my parents who are in the actual coastal area.*

•Gray•

•Gray•

Valentine's Day.

All red pink decorations and heart shaped chocolates. A Hallmark holiday. An excuse for florists to sell more overpriced flowers.

The reason I'm standing in the middle of a long ass line at Zella's Flower Shoppe, my foot tapping and my finger twitching against my pant leg.

The aroma of multiple different types of flowers assault my nose and overtake my senses, giving me a slight headache.

Four men stand in front of me while six more stand behind me, all with equal expressions of worry, excitement, mild arousal, and happiness.

The florists and their assistants scurry around behind the counter, rushing to get orders put in on their busiest day of the year.

I know I should have preordered the damn things, but honestly, I didn't think much about it until yesterday afternoon.

I haven't had a girlfriend in my life to care for since I was a teenager, and I had almost forgotten girls like getting stuff for holidays - such as, flowers.

Big, beautiful, unreasonably expensive flowers.

For Callie, the cost and my disdain for the whole fluffy holiday can take a backseat, because there isn't anything in this world I wouldn't do for or give to her.

She deserves the world handed to her on a silver platter, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to try and fulfill that.

Another man down, and the line finally moves up. Thankfully, two of the men are together and only need one set of flowers for one of their girls.

The man in front of me gets his large bouquet of red roses and leaves and finally, it's my turn.

I pick out one of their pre-designed arrangements and add a box of chocolates and a stuffed bear to the order.

Walking away from the shop, I pray no one I know is nearby.

I drove to the furthest florist from the clubhouse in hopes that none of the Wolves would dare come this way.

Shoving the bear and chocolates into the floor of the passenger side, I carefully buckle in the bouquet of red roses and bright yellow sunflowers so they don't shift around when I drive them back to my loft to store them until tonight. I can't have the guys see them in my car or they'll know that I have someone special in my life.

If the loft wasn't so filled with everything from my previous life, having Callie over there for dinner and a movie would be a perfect Valentine's Day date night.