Chapter Sixteen

*Shooting for two updates a week(Monday-Friday, no weekend updates)! Three, if I get a good comment response. I love you guys and I'm so glad to finally be moving into the heart of this story! I originally wasn't going to cut this chapter off where I did, but I figured it was a good cliffhanger and this chapter was already over 3300k words!*

 I love you guys and I'm so glad to finally be moving into the heart of this story! I originally wasn't going to cut this chapter off where I did, but I figured it was a good cliffhanger and this chapter was already over 3300k words!*

•Callie•

I pick at the plate of eggs and bacon with my fork, pushing the food around the flowery design June picked out.

"And I told her that it just wasn't going to work out. I'm not into anything serious and she was looking for a wifey, and that just ain't me. No ma'am. Nuh-uh. Not happening. No way." Jazz cuts her hands through the air in front of her and shakes her head.

Smirking, I take a swallow of orange juice. "Then maybe don't tell girls they're special at the beginning of the night."

"But they are special! It's just... they're not as special in the morning when the taste of their pussy is soured on my lips." Jazz shrugs and continues loading fresh olives into the mini refrigerator behind the bar.

I gag at her blunt comment, shaking the chills out. "And that, my dear friend, is why you keep getting yourself into these kind of messes." Chuckling, I scoop up some eggs and scarf them down before deciding I'm finished with the less than impressive breakfast.

Setting my fork down, I perch my elbows on the edge of the bar, interlocking my fingers under my chin. Jazz bends over behind the bar and gives me perfect view of the mirror in front of me.

And that's where I see Gray coming up behind me - well, that is until he freezes and pretends to become occupied with something on one of the tables.

My brows scrunch up in confusion before I hear a girlish giggle and my brothers booming voice heading down the stairs.

Great.

They must have spent the night here, deciding it was too late or they were too drunk to head back to their house.

"Morning, Cal, what are you doing here so early?" Blade asks, settling into one of the tables nearby, grabbing Letha and dragging her into his lap.

His arms wrap around her waist protectively and he places his lips against the back of her neck.

She doesn't have a speck of makeup on and still manages to look like a beauty queen this early in the morning. My brother on the other hand looks like he's been run over by a truck. I can only imagine how much he drank last night.