Chapter Eleven

*Whats everyone's favorite movie? I need recommendations.*

•Callie•

•Callie•

"Hanging out all alone?" A soft voice from the doorway asks after a short rap against the wooden frame.

I turn around to see Pam standing in the entrance of the room, her arms crossed and her body leaning against the door.

My mouth opens to tell her no, that I was with Gray until he had to ditch, but then it hits me - I can't say anything.

Yes, we hang out, but being alone together in a non-dangerous location like the clubhouse is probably against regulation. Pam is cool and I love her, but she's a social climber just like the rest of them. She might run off to Ash if she thinks it might gain her some brownie points for turning in a degenerate prospect and a sneaky princess.

"Just needed a breather. It's so loud out there. Sometimes it gives me a headache," I laugh it off and settle down into the cushions, pulling the blanket around my shoulders.

Pam's eyes dart a few feet beside me and it's then I realize there's two bottles of beer left sitting on the coffee table.

Thankfully, she ignores it with a sly smirk. "Have a good night, then." She winks and walks down the hall to the bathroom presumably.

I let out a breath and thank the heavens Gray didn't show back up during that exchange.

I run my fingers over my collarbone and up to my neck, massaging the tense muscles and joints.

Where the hell is Gray?

I wonder if he's coming back or if Ash needs him for the rest of the night.

Leaving the room, I lock the door behind me and head back out into the bar.

I catch sight of Finn and I walk over to him as he's cleaning off tables of empty beer bottles and cigarette butts.

"Hey, have you seen Gray? I need to get home." I've used the 'I need a ride' excuse anytime I just want to see Gray. It's the easiest way to find out where he's gone off to.

"Still with Ash in a meeting." Finn looks over my shoulder and points to Ash's office where Sean and Gray are finally stalking out of.

"Thanks," I mumble to Finn who goes back to his work.

I head over to Gray and steer him in the direction of the corridor behind the stairs.

Sean breaks off and leaves to go do more work. I notice how he pulls his collar up, trying to hide his scar, when we make eye contact.

My eyes soften and I try to covey sympathy for the man. It's got to be hard. It's just a scar, but to him, it's much more than that.

Sean is handsome, and still is now that he has this disfigurement, but I highly doubt he sees it that way.