Chapter Seven

*I'd like to apologize for my extended absence. If you do not follow me, you probably didn't see my statuses about my health. With my mind preoccupied with that (coupled with my major anxiety) I was unable to write, as I couldn't get my mind off of the worst possible outcome for my health. As of right now, everything is looking good. With a few adjustments to my medication, I should be getting an all clear from my doctor. I'm sorry I've been gone, but I hope you all can understand what anxiety and an actual health concern does to a person. I love you all and thank you so much for reading!*

 I love you all and thank you so much for reading!*

•Callie•

"You look incredible," Letha claims, straightening my dress around my hips while I nervously tuck a few loose strands of hair that won't stay up behind my ear.

"I look like you," I say, straight-faced.

"Then, that means you look incredible." She giggles and pats my hips before removing her hands and taking a step back to examine me from a different angle.

She tosses her long, fluffy hair over her shoulder and bites the tip of her thumb, her eyes raking over my frame that is just about her height with the shoes I'm wearing.

I pucker my lips in the mirror, admiring the soft makeup she applied, not wanting to overdo it, as my tight, blush colored sweater dress and tan ankle heels do enough already to make myself appear date night ready.

"Do you think he'll like it?" I ask, suddenly unsure of myself. When I met Gray, I practically lived in tee shirts and jeans, but ever since Letha turned up, she's refused to let me live in fashion purgatory; insisting I step it up, as 'appearances matter'.

I stifle a chuckle and resist the urge to roll my eyes at what she's told me countless times now. I know she means well, but sometimes I miss my ratty Crüe tank and ripped skinny jeans.

"Honey, if he doesn't, he'll need to get his eyes checked, 'cause you look sexy as hell." She winks and flops into the round chair in front of my vanity, taking that moment to touch up her velvety pink lipstick.

"Thanks," I mumble and slide my hands down my waist and thighs, smoothing the nonexistent wrinkles one more time.

Turning, I take a peek at my bottom and raise an eyebrow at how short this dress really is. I'll have to be careful not to flash the goods to any unsuspecting crowds tonight.

I gnaw on my lower lip for a moment before Letha stands back up and pulls my chin down with her thumb, removing my now-plump lip from between my teeth. "Hey, everything's going to go fine tonight."

"How can you know that?" I send her an unbelieving look and cross my arms over my chest, unable to stand still as fear sets in.

"Trust me, it will. You and Gray already spend so much time together and no one bats an eye, this is just another night that you two are together. They won't even realize he's gone more than likely. And if they do, I'll cover for you. Now, come on, Gray is probably already waiting at Symphony Park for you."