Aeon Chyrsler

§ Ciara's Point of View §

"Do that again and I'm killing you" Giit ko kay Elise pagkarating na pagkarating namin sa academy.  I've been with Elise and Seth for a long time now, but I still hate her guts. 

"Are you challenging me?" Bigla nalang dumating yung teacher namin. I saw her smile became wider. God, she's f*cking annoying.

"Tss... spoiled brat"

"Then next time choose your words. Dysphoria" She's doing this on purpose! I am not my sister. She knows how to annoy the living hell out of me. Dysphoria's the reason why we're all in this stupid quest. And all of Hades' kids hates her with every fiber of our being. 

"Okay class, settle down now." Ms. Baller said. Homeroom teacher namin. 

Bumalik na 'ko sa upuan ko. I'm sitting beside Nathan Castler-- some weird kid. He's been our classmate since our first year, pero until now we still don't know anything about him. The thing about humans is that they can easily be read by people like Seth, Elise and I. But with Nathan? Wala kaming makuha, hindi namin sya mabasa. 

"Hindi ka ba nagsasawang titigan ako? tss" Nathan said as he looked at me. 

"Am I that obvious?" I tried to sound sarcastic to hide the fact that I was actually prying. Binaling nalang nya yung tingin nya sa harap ng room. Where our teacher, Ms. Baller and a new student was standing.

I can tell that she's new dahil naka civilian pa rin sya and it's the middle of the school year. She's wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans... Everything looks normal-- except for the fact that she's wearing my dad's heirloom. Napatinging ako kay Seth. His expressions also changed the moment he saw that the new student was wearing the heirloom that we've been looking for. 

"Class this is Aeon Chrysler, and she'll be with us till the end of the school year" Tinabihan nung new student si Elise. Elise began scribbling notes on her red binder. Something's up...

Pinasulat na sa amin ni Ms. Baller ang panibagong schedule namin for this week. Every year after ng field trip ng mga Senior students, nagkakaroon ng isang week for irregular classes. During this week mas maiikli ang mga klase. 

Elise and Seth have been to that field trip several times... they've been attending this school forever. And this time, pang ika-12 na beses na silang naging Juniors sa school na ito. I actually don't know how long they've been alive.

Hindi sila natanda, pero hindi sila immortal. They're not immortals, but they told me that their ages were frozen in time.

Napatingin uli ako kay Nathan. This time, he was so busy looking at the new student. There's definitely wrong with this new girl-- and even Nathan thinks so too. After our first period, Seth, Elise and I went to our usual spot. Saan pa nga ba? Syempre, sa cafeteria. 

Seth and Elise have been deadly quiet after seeing the new girl-- Aeon Chrysler. I crossed my arms in front of Seth. He's avoiding me. Seth can't keep secrets

"A-ano?" the way he stutters... something is really happening. 

May alam si Seth at Elise na hindi ko alam. Ibinaling ko yung tingin ko kay Elise and she was scribbling notes again. Minsan napapaisip ako kung diary nya ba yun or doon nya isinusulat lahat ng gusto nyang kuhanan ng buhay once ipasa na sa kanya ni Thanatos ang tungkulin nya sa Underworld. 

"Seth, pick up your phone, someone's calling" Elise said without looking up. This is is her sixth sense... she can feel things... 'tulad ng pag vibrate ng phone ni Seth sa bulsa nya-- weird, I know.

Tumayo si Seth at lumabas muna, naiwan lang kaming dalawa ni Elise, but she's not talking to me. As if she's ever talked to me. I think it's mutual that we both hate each other. But she's stuck with me. Silang dalawa ni Seth, they're stuck with me since Hades ordered them to follow me around. Maya maya pa'y iniharap nya sa akin yung drinawing nya sa binder nya. Isang lumang bahay na may bakal na pinto. 

"We're going there" tahimik nyang sinabi. Before I can react, nakabalik na si Seth.

"They caught him... and yeah, we're going there" Sabi ni Seth habang itinuturo nya yung drawing ni Elise. Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko. Him, it can only be the heirloom thief, Dysphoria's lover.  

We don't usually have leads as to where he is, but when we do we need to act fast and drop whatever it is that we're doing to catch him. Napatingin ako sa pagkain na nasa harap ko. Minsan napapaisip ako kung gaano ka unfair ang buhay. Gaya ngayon na kakasimula ko palang kainin yung extra large chees burgers and fries ko na may kasamang onion rings. 

I can't even enjoy my food!

"What?" I said with a mouthful of food.

"Aren't girls supposed to be... ugh, weight-conscious?" tss...

"Oh I am, naka-diet coke naman ako, no worries sethy~" habang kumakain ako napatingin ako kay Aeon... and she's with Nathan, tinaas ni Aeon yung sleeves ni Nathan and I saw a bandage wrapped on his arm. Really Nathan? Really, that's your way of impressing a girl?

"Stop starring ... they can feel you staring at them" sabi sa akin ni Elise. Urgh. I hate it when she knows a lot.

"She has my dad's heirloom, bakit di na natin sya patayin? Let's get this stupid quest over and done with"

"You're just jealous," Elise said as she placed her binder inside her bag. Hinawakan ni Seth yung kamay ni Elise, as if preventing her from saying more things.

"Tss... as if."

"It's not her Ciara" Seth was still holding Elise' hand, and that was when I noticed that there was blood trickling down from her finger. Anong nangyayari?

"Enough, we're heading South... sa bahay na 'to" Sabay turo nya sa drinawing nya, patuloy pa rin ang pagtulo ng dugo nya. Tumayo na sya at sundan na namin sya ni Seth.

I still can't get over the fact that that girl could possibly that mortal my sister fell for.... or baka naman babae talaga sya and my sister likes girls... or baka naman, throughout the years napag-aralan nya kung pano mag shape-shift... or is it a mist?

It has to be her. That's the heirloom we've all been looking for.