t w e n t y

we're at home now, amelia's asleep, she's jet lagged. hero is asleep and i can't sleep.
hero gets up to go to the toilet and i lay on my back, staring at the ceiling.
"why aren't you asleep" hero mumbles tiredly.
"i can't sleep" i reply.
he opens his arms, signalling for me to move over to him.
i roll over into his arms and he tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear before kissing my forehead and then falling back asleep... as do i.
-
i'm awoken to the smell of amelia's vegetable soup that she loves. hero is no longer in the bed, i assume him and amelia are downstairs. i head downstairs and i see my two favourite people in the kitchen giggling.
amelia is in her high chair and there is a bowl of vegetable soup in front of her. she's trying to feed herself but it's failing horribly.
"hey" hero says, he's cooking something.
"i'm making prawn curry with rice"
"oh cute" i say, sitting at the chair closest to amelia's chair so i can feed her. i clean her mouth with a tissue and feed her the soup, making sure i don't get it everywhere and that it doesn't go on her clothes. when amelia eats stuff like this it gets all over her which i don't understand.

hero and i are watching friends and amelia is asleep in her rocker chair thing, it swings gently and puts her to sleep which is good. the curry and rice was really good, i needed some home cooked food so it tasted even better.
my hand is in hero's, it's funny how small my hands are compared to his.
"your rings look beautiful" hero says, kissing my jaw and then resting his head on my shoulder.