t w e l v e

1 year later;
josephine;
positive.
the test reads.
i'm pregnant. i can't believe it, i'm going to be a mom. hero doesn't know yet, he's at work.. doing a interview.
-
"i have a surprise for you" i say to hero, sitting on his lap.
he came home from work a few hours ago, i thought i'd wait till we're watching tv to tell him.
"close your eyes" i say
i move his hand from his eye and put the test into his hand. hero opens his eyes and his eyes begin to water. his arms wrap around me and he buries his face into my neck, we are going to be parents. i still haven't told my parents, my sister or anyone else yet. obviously hero hasn't told anyone because he's just found out himself.
i kiss him on his soft lips which i will never get tired of. i still get butterflies in my stomach when he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear or when he grabs my hand when i'm least expecting it. he's made me realise that i can love myself and i can be loved. after all those years with jackson, i questioned my self-worth and hero has taught me that i am worth more than i could ever know. i've also taught hero that he can be loved.. when i met his mum, she told me that he would never show someone as much love and affection as he has done with me. he is the love of my life.