Chapter Eighteen

15 comments and 30 votes again? I know you guys can do it!!

Enjoy <3

“Answer me, Charlie.” Kellan glared. I pressed my face into Jamie’s onesie as she smiled at her Daddy. “Charlotte, answer my question.”

“I don’t know.” I sighed as I reached for the bottle Jamie didn’t finish.

“It’s a yes or no question. Do you think I’d call you weak because you couldn’t afford something?” I looked down at the ground as I heard his boots on the cool tile floor.

“Come Lady Bug, Mommy and Daddy need to talk.” Will said clearing his throat picking up Jamie holding her head gently walking out of the room.

“Answer me, please.” He sighed sitting across from me. I looked up from under my lashes at him. His t-shirt was clinging to his chest as his uniform pants hung loosely around his hips, his red spenders hugging his every move. He really is gorgeous.

“It’s not that I thought you’d call me weak, per se.” He raised an eyebrow at me as the nerves in his jaw twitched. “Maybe I just want to be around Will more.”

“Don’t you bring me into this!” We turned to look at the doorway were the sound came from.  I sighed.

“I don’t believe you.” His voice was short. He was pissed. He was really mad at me. “We promised to tell each other the truth.” He glared at me.

“It is the truth. I wanted to work more.” He slammed his hand on the island making me jump.

“Bullshit!” I flinched. “You look me in the eyes and tell me that you aren’t struggling with money.” He growled as I felt his hands gently pulling my face to look at him. His eyes searched mine. “I’m waiting.” I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. His face softened.

“I’m struggling.” I sniffled.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He moved one of his hands so it was tangled up in my hair. “Why didn’t you ask me for help?”

“I can barely take care of her. Your money and the rest of mine is keeping her up in the boat while I struggle in the water.” He put his face in my hair sighing.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He whispered. I breathed in his scent as I felt his hand drop down running over my side. “You’re too skinny.” He whispered as his hand ran over my hip. “I shouldn’t feel this bone.”

“Please, don’t.” He shook his head holding me close to him.

“Come back to me.” He kissed my head. “Please. Move back with me. I’ll take care of you two.”

“I can’t Kellan, not yet.” He sighed pulling back to look at me.

“I can’t let you struggle Charlie. I love you so much. I can’t.” I shook my head.

“I’m sorry, Kellan.” He stared at me.

“Why? Why wouldn’t you let me help you?” He ran his fingers over the bags under my eyes. “You’re pale. You look like you haven’t slept well in a long time. Why won’t you let me help you out?” I shook my head leaning it forward till I was on his shoulder.

“I’m not ready.” He took a deep breath, his entire chest expanding.

“I’ll wait. But you’re going to take my money do you understand me?” I nodded at him wrapping my arms around him. “I love you, Charlie. When you’re ready to tell me that again, I’ll be waiting.” He kissed my head. “When you’re ready to be my girlfriend again, I’ll be here waiting for you to tell me.” I looked up at him.