CH.7.

Days are passing by. I only go to school now, I don’t leave our district for any other reason, I thank god that our school is one day in a week only. So I don’t have to see those people from other districts, it has been six months now since I have last seen Fidus, Fragor is the only one I meet, because he is with the same district as I am. I haven’t seen Fera for so long, I wish she was in the same district as I am, but she isn't, I have seen errorem a lot, I didn’t know that her father was one of the soldiers of the city. I feel so desperate to talk to anyone, not any one I want to talk to Calor, she lives in the same district as me and errorem, but I don’t see her so much, and whenever I see her she is with her father or her mother, I have to talk to her, I need to talk to her.

"Is everything okay?" my father sits beside me. "Why are you always so depressed, a young man like you should be enjoying his time? Not sitting in his house doing nothing, and talking to nobody" 

"I don’t want to go out, I just want to stay here, in my house for the rest of my life" I say

"I am beginning to believe that you actually want to make yourself sad and shattered, do you enjoy being sad instead of going out and seeing your friends, and being happy?" 

Should I tell him? Should I tell him that I prefer being sad and shattered than going out with my friends and being happy? What happiness is he talking about? When I go out, I only see the streets full of trash, solid trash and also human trash. I see men harassing women and do nothing because I am afraid to get hurt, I see people watching others get hurt and walk away, and what is more painful…is that I have to walk away too.

"I am not so joyless dad, it's just I prefer staying at home than going out that’s all"

"You have to enjoy your life son, you are not going to have another one" he smiles.

He is right; I have to enjoy my life. I have to. But first, I have to have a life.

"I know that dad"

I have to go to school tomorrow, its Monday. I am thinking about having a walk, alone. I want to let my soul free for a little bit. I change my cloth and then down the stairs to the street, I don’t know where to go. Finding a clean place in a dirty city is an impossible mission, so I walk, just walk and walk.

"Aliter" a voice calls, a warm voice. Calor's voice. "Wait for me" she shouts.

I stop for a view seconds until she catches up with me.

"What are you doing here?" I say "you shouldn’t go out alone in the night like these".

"Don’t worry about me, how is everything?" she asks.

"Well, everything is the same. What about you?"

"You know... I am living" she smiles. "I have to show you something".

"What is it?"

"We have to wait till Thursday" she says "meet me here on Thursday at 12".

"Okay, I am coming with you" I say.

"That’s great, I have to go now. See you on Thursday"

"Okay, see you"

I am very happy that I saw her; I feel I am stronger now, she makes me strong. I am very grateful to have someone like her in my life. I am grateful…to have someone who cares.