CH.3.

The first day at school is boring, teachers keep talking about our city and how beautiful it is. I mean, are these people blind? Or am I? The last class we have is history. "Hello everyone, my name is Pacata and I will be teaching you history, can anyone tell me how did our city survive all this years while other cities didn't?" he asks and everyone is exited to answer, except me … I guess. "Okay what about you beautiful lady, can you tell us your name?" I know who he is talking to, Errorem.

I used to know her in 8th grade. She stands up smiling as usual. "My name is Errorem" she says

"Interesting, so Errorem can you answer my question?" he asks.

"Of course I can" she says in a high tune, she tries to draw attention to her, that’s what she wants I can see that. She has changed she looks more beautiful than the year before, no body used to know here or notice here, I guess that she wants that to change. "Our city survived because of the people who always appreciated it and took care of it". I have to laugh that’s the biggest lie I have ever heard, but I don’t…she continues "and because the soldiers of the city were here for us, they kept the peace for many years." She actually believes what she just said? That’s pathetic.

"That was impressive Erorrem" he smiles.

"Thank you, it was an easy question" she seeks attention again.

 "I want every one of you to write a report about the history of our city, now you are free to go".

Is he joking or something we have been learning about the history of our city for more than 12 years, what's the point, to always remember our history … I guess that our future isn’t that much to care about, why do we have to live in the shadow of our history and leave our present in this bleeding darkness. "Like the world cares about our history" I say, my voice was too loud to control. I see the starry eyes again, surrounding me.

"What did you say?" Pacata grins. It's like his heart is broken now. "Of course the world cares about our history, every single person does, and we changed the world".  I agree with him we changed the world; we took all of its darkness and keep it safe in our city, so they can enjoy all the light they want.

"You are right, I am sorry, I didn’t know what I was saying, forgive me."

"A young man like you must be grateful" he says.

I am grateful…grateful for not being like him, like all of them in fact, I will never be, I don’t want to be.

"Remember me? We used to talk sometimes."

I know her voice "how are you doing Errorem? It's nice seeing you again".

"Hey look at you, you have changed… are you growing up?" she laughs

"That’s funny, I think I do" I smile.

"What about me? You didn’t notice anything about me?" she asks. She has changed, she is more beautiful, but she has to calm down with this whole attention thing.

"You look pretty" I say.

"That’s very kind of you, now excuse me I have a bus to catch" she laughs "see you later"

"See you".