[Beta] Chapter 25

Kurenai casted a genjutsu over them that made it feel as though they were trapped and unable to move their bodies. Rin, being a former kunoichi that had great chakra control, was able to will the flow of her chakra to a screeching halt. On the other hand, Obito didn't need to due to his overpowered Sharingan and Rinnegan.

     Rin couldn't help but pout in admiration and slight envy of the doujutsu, "Stop being such a showoff..."

     At the same time, she came to the hard realization that he was no longer... Inadept in his skills as a shinobi. With the power he had now he could've been the Hokage... But that would only leave more guilt on him.

     The Uchiha released a fireball jutsu at them as a warning. He knew that Rin would hate it if they got hurt. She probably would give him the silent treatment for a week, especially since she was there to begin with.

     Asuma got his chakra blades ready, both pulsating with blue chakra. The cigarette in his mouth smoldered and he seemed to prepare for an intense wind jutsu. "Tch, let's just get this over with."

     Hotheadedly, Kurenai questioned roughly, "Who are you two?! Are you after Kakashi?!"

     Kakashi Hatake was well known for his Sharingan as he used it to his advantage greatly to earn a spot in the bingo book. There was no doubt that there were people after his hefty sum of  bounty.

     "Obito, why don't we-" 

     "They won't believe us."

     That fact didn't stun her in the slightest but the Nohara just wanted to drudge up any possibility in which they didn't have to fight. It was fruitless and hopeless yet there was a small seed of hope inside her.

     Asuma rushed forward, using his great skills in taijutsu and bukijutsu to try and overpower him. However, with a sharingan that was covered in Genjutsu, the fight was no problem at all. 

     The third figure, Gai, who they had seen earlier also joined, hoping to catch Obito off guard. Even with Rin in his arms, he was still able to dodge each of their moves. 

     "Aren't you going to run out of chakra if all you do is dodge?" she asked quietly, "Just Kamui to the Hokage's office."

      A bit dubious, he probed, "Are you sure that you want to leave?" 

     Rin hesitated to answer back as he was absolutely right. She didn't really want to leave yet and leave a foul taste in her former classmates' mouths. After being so long in the dark, she felt as though they had the right to know that they both were still alive and kicking.

     "They believe this is a genjutsu or transformation jutsu, right?"

      He nodded while ducking under Gai's kick.

      "Then I'll need to show that we're real by the easiest option available."

      "I guess... What are you thinking?"

      "Oh, " she smiled, "That's easy. Just kill me."