[Beta] Chapter 15

Nibbling on her lip slightly, Rin wondered if she made the right choice. Oddly, the subconsciousness that was stuck in her mind wasn't screaming at her to stop. Maybe something had happened to her?

     Still, she could feel the shock and grief that emanated off of the masked man. He just felt so sad, so lonely. He definitely was someone that needed a friend... But maybe befriending someone from a group of missing nin wasn't a good idea. 

     Tobi had grabbed her awaiting hand eagerly, shaking it up and down with a tremendous vigor. "Of course Tobi will accept!"

     Grinning from ear to ear, she couldn't help but giggle at him. However, she could still feel the lingering sense of darkness in him. He was hiding it well but she could somehow see through his intricate façade.

     Itachi suddenly poked his finger on her forehead. "You're a prisoner here, Rin."

     At the mention of her name, he stiffened a bit. He thought it was coincidence, after all, the Gods wouldn't send her back after having her cruelly taken away.

     She pouted slightly, "But I want to!"

      "Stockholm Syndrome?"

     "I don't have that!"

     "... Are you an idiot?"

     Crossing her arms and looking off to the side, she huffed, "Maybe..."

     There was a long moment of silence.

     "Rin, go back into your cell."

     "Fine."

     Stubbornly, she trudged back into the jail cell, sitting down childishly. Itachi sweatdropped slightly at her actions.

     At that point, Hidan was confused at what to do. Sure he wanted to kill her over and over but the way she was acting was strange. She had been cowering in fear at the rapist but then wanted to be friends with him. "Okay, what the actual fuck just happened?"

     Obito squealed loudly, "Tobi just made a friend! Yay!"

     Itachi sighed loudly. They were friends at one point and who would guess what the other Rin would do to him. He was confident in his own abilities but women were a whole other thing. "I think we should get going. Leader-sama said something about an assignment earlier."

     "Whoa, whoa, you're not going to fucking walk away from this shit like it's nothing, asshole. Explain things. Now."

     At the harsh tone, she flinched once more.

     Hidan clutched the collar of the Uchiha's Akatsuki cloak tightly, pulling him up into the air. Itachi stared back unfazed. "If I told, she would get angry at me."

     "You kidding me? I lopped that bitch's head off earlier. The other "stronger" half isn't even that damn strong to begin with."

     "It's not her strength." He then glanced over at Tobi. "It's her connections."

     "So what, she knows some shitheads, "Hidan waived off, "But I'm a fucking Immortal Jashinist and I DON'T CARE."

      "I'm still not going to tell you."

     "How about I pluck out those Sharin-fuck eyes out of your damn skull!"

     "Wha-wait!" Rin blurted out on instinct, holding out her hand as if she could stop them, "Don't hurt him!"

     Hidan's magenta eyes shifted to her and held a murderous gleam to them. "So... You're going to tell me who the bitch with the purple marks on her cheeks is?"

     Obito Uchiha took in a sharp breath. It had to be coincidence. It had to-

     Rin steeled her nerves and quietly replied, "They said that I was Rin Nohara."