[Beta] Chapter 9

Rin Maru awoke in the hospital, eyes widened and scared. She ripped the IV off and slowly back herself into the wall behind her. 

     She held her head in her hand, body quivering. She didn't understand what was going on at all.

     The door was opened and a nurse came in to do her daily checkup. Noting the hanging IV, she sighed and flipped through a couple pages on her clipboard. "I'll need to check your vitals. Your parents will be allowed to come in here in a few minutes."

     Other people came in, drew blood, and asked her random questions while calling her Rin. She could barely answer a few, but was never able to ask the question that was on her mind.

     Then, two people entered, one with a big, red hat one while the other had striking silver hair. 

     The Hokage sat himself by her bedside and asked, "How are you feeling?"

     She thought about it and decided on the answer, "I think I am fine..."

     "I wouldn't have thought that it would cause you to faint."

     Rin Maru nodded slightly, gripping the sheets of the cot, "Mmm..."

     Kakashi then gripped her hands tightly, "Are you... Are you really Rin?"

     "Uhhh..."

     The door opened again, this time it was a couple tear-stricken by worry. They practically collapsed onto her bed.

     "R-rin, " the woman sobbed, "You weren't there when we woke up... W-we had no idea what had happened to you!"

      "Please don't do that again, " her husband pleaded with.

     Rin froze, not knowing what exactly to do. She opened her mouth and asked, "W-who are you?"

     It was so silent that anyone would've thought that time had stopped. The couples' eyes grew watery again. "What... What do you mean?"

      Taking a shaky breath, she questioned, "Who am I? Where am I? Who are you? Who is this Ri-"

     She was interrupted by a strangled cry and the man put a comforting arm around her. 

     The Hokage grimaced and then asked, "What is the last thing that you remember?"

     She tapped the bottom of her chin and murmured, "It was something like: Like I will let this happen that easily. Someone said that to me."

      "And the voice!" the Hatake exclaimed, "Do you know what it sounded like?"

      "It was a female... And she kind of sounds like me."

     The silverette collapsed into the nearby chair, trying to comprehend everything. "You sound just like her..."

       "Just like who?"

      "My old teammate."

      He turned to the Hokage, "Do you think she did this on purpose?"

      "That's what I think it is, " the Sarutobi answered with a frown.

     "Why would she do this?!' he gritted out sorrowfully, "Why would she want to forget?"

      "It is possible that she blames herself."

      "But it isn't her fault... It's mine. If I had just learned how to work with my team sooner..."

      Rin Maru the amnesiac had no idea what exactly was happening.

ℍ𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣, ℝ𝕚𝕟 ℕ𝕠𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒 𝕕𝕚𝕕.