•10•

🌊
☀️
🌊

"now just stand on the board-"

You and stood in the lagoon of the beach, the murky water giving you anxiety as to what could be in there.

Tom has taken you two to a more private beach that wasn't open to anyone and you weren't sure as to who it was open to. There was practically no one here so that meant no paparazzi. The few people that were on the beach were old people who didn't even look your way.

The people who live around the beach had told you that the water was safe and there was nothing in it because many people go in it every day that it must be safe. Which means, there hasn't been any accidents but there could be.

Tom was holding the board whilst you tried to climb onto it and stand on it, to try and learn to balance. You were majorly failing and kept falling off the board into the water. Tom would laugh every time and you'd just come out of the water with a slight pout of annoyance as you couldn't get it. 

"Come on Y/n, just try. Don't stand up straight, bend your legs slightly so that your legs will absorb any wave that comes. If you straighten your legs, you'll fall off. Got it?" He explained.

His explanation made it sound so easy, but you knew this was far from easy. He'd done this before so many times and you were doing it for the first time. You wished you could get it on the first try and get straight to the surfing.

You gave out a small sigh and nodded. "Yeah"

You rolled onto the board and layed on it, as if you were to surf on a wave. You placed both hands down and bent your legs so that you could stand and you slowly stood up, you wobble a bit, quite close to wobbling too much and falling straight off the board. You didn't straighten your legs and you left them slightly bent. You slowly stood and your eyes widned as you managed to balance.

"There you go!" Tom said excitedly. You smiled and threw you hands up, immediately regretting it as you fell sideways, kicking your legs up and falling straight into the water.

Tom folded his arms with a laugh. He shook his head and walked towards you, trudging slowly. You came up out of the water, slicking your hair back and laughing as you saw the board now upside down.

Tom swam over to you and pushed back a piece of hair that fell in your face, he gave you a small smile, placing his hand on your cheek. You placed you hand over his, a small smile on your face.

"I think it's time get in the sea?" Tom said. You nodded a little nervous of failing.

He pressed his lips against yours for a few seconds before turning around to grab the board, tucking it under his arm and grabbing your hand with his other hand. You giggled as he pulled you along.

Tom grabbed his board and you grabbed yours, which you had rented from a nearby shop. You started walking towards the sea, feeling a mixture of excitement and nerves to surf for the first time.

Tom led you two into the water, the warm water hit into your legs and trickled back into the sea, the white foam bubbling around.

You two slowly walked further into the water, feeling the sand push down with every step. You two laid on your boards and paddled towards where you felt be.

You jumped over a wave before Tom came to a stop and turned around, you did the same.

He gave you a look asking if you were ready, you nodded and you and tom stood up as a wave hit you two. To your surprise, you surfed. You surfed along the waves with a wide smile of success on your face.

"Yes!" Tom said with a wide smile on his face, looking over at you. You smiled and laughed and you bent your knees more to steer the board and ride the wave.

You threw your hands up with a smile, feeling the wind in your hair.

This is what happiness feels like. Wind in your hair, a true smile on your face, next to the one you admire and the feeling of freedom. You felt so free.

A wave came over you and knocked you off the board, sending you tumbling into the water and hitting the sand at the bottom. You tried to steady yourself and when you managed to get your head out of the water and stand, you saw Tom running through the water to get to you with shear panic on his face.

"Y/n are you okay?" Tom jumped along the water trying to get to you as you coughed out the water.

You looked at him and nodded, hitting your chest a few times before breathing for a few seconds. "Yeah yeah.."

A wide smile came across your face. "That was awesome!"

Tom laughed and ran his thumb over you cheek. "You scared the shit out of me, I thought you might have drowned!"

You let out a small breathy laugh as you watched behind him as your surfboard washed up upon the shore, landing next Toms which had been placed down on the sand before he ran into the water.

You looked back at him and he smiled. "How about we go back to the hotel and watch a movie? I have a few on a hard drive." He offered.

You nodded. "Yeah, my legs are tired anyway."

The sunset looked amazing As you two stepped out the water. You looked back at it with a small smile on your face before turning around and grabbing your surfboard off the sand before walking next to Tom, hand in hand.

"So, what movies do you-"

When you looked up, you stopped talking as you saw a familiar face walking towards you two.

Your eyes widned slightly and your stomach dropped as you looked at the figure that was not too far away.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked.

You looked up at Tom with slightly worry on your face. "It's Dolton.."