The Last Dragon

A few days after the Kevin Incident

"And that's where I told him to get lost," I recounted to Danielle. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"You have two mates Rav," she said breathlessly. I nodded and she sighed. "That sounds wonderful!" She said with shimmering eyes.

I rolled my eyes. "I want to know how to get rid of Kevin as a mate but I don't know how! And my wrist still hurts from when he grabbed me."

I showed her the mark on my arm and she playfully hit my shoulder. "Come on!" She yelled. "Time for coffee since stupid class ended."

I smiled eagerly and followed. We were walking on our way to the cafe when I stupidly bumped into someone.

"Pardon me," I said politely. I looked at him for a second and thought he was cute. Since I had Arden, I didn't think much of it. The poor guy was on the floor so I held out a hand to help him up. He eyed me and took my hand. I yanked my hand back, feeling sparks. He looked hurt but I couldn't have another mate!

I ran away but I could tell someone was following me. I wasn't sure if it was Danielle or the new mate I had but I ran away from everything.

I was feeling exhausted after half an hour of random running with my heavy books in my arms so I stopped. I looked behind me and gaped as the beautiful boy slowly jogged up to me.

Wow. Just... Wow. With him standing in front of me, I could get a good look at him. He had beautiful long black hair with brown edges. His attire looked fancy as if he was dressed up for a special occasion. He looked at me expectingly.

"Good evening, my princess," he greeted me.

While trying to find a good response I just blurted, "Ciao mate! Come stai? Ur pretty."

He laughed cutely. I smiled then slapped myself. NO, I can't do this. I have Arden and it's not right to have more than one person I like, noooo.

He looked at me weirdly when I slapped myself, but does it look like I care? I suddenly pinched myself to see if it was real and sadly, it was.

"You are hurting yourself," he noted. "Is this a normal thing humans do?"

"What are you?" I asked while rubbing my forehead.

He smiled. "Just a dragon."

I smiled at him. What? Wait WHAT?

He laughed again. I decided I liked his laugh and immediately felt guilty about the thought of liking him.

"Do you like me?" I asked hesitantly.

Without hesitation, he nodded.

"Here's the thing....you're my third mate..." I trailed off when he stared at me with his startling gaze.

"Heh?" Was all he said before sitting on the grass.

"Sorry!" I told him. "I don't know why or how and it's not even supposed to be possible but I just want you to know it's ok if you don't want to do anything about it."

He frowned. "I would never want to leave you, EVER, no matter how many mates you possess. I would still love you forever." He looked at my eyes and I sighed in relief.

"Thanks, because I was starting to like you," I said. I learned his name was Daniel and that he was one of the teachers at my college. How surprising. We continued our small talk. Suddenly Daniel tensed.

"I sense dangers," he whispered. I raised an eyebrow and he continued on. "I sense the Prince of Fish and the lost werewolf boy."

I gasped. "They're my other..." I stopped speaking when I realized they were probably fighting again.

Daniel picked me up and jumped really high. I gasped but watched as we arrived quickly.

Both boys turned to see me with Daniel, who was slowly descending from the sky.

"Dragon," they hissed in unison.

Daniel flashed a smile at my mates. "I am Raven's third mate. Hello there, boys."

They gasped and glared at me. ME? What did I do?

I looked down sadly. I couldn't explain it but I suddenly felt sad by their disappointment.

Daniel set me down and went to talk to my mates. I stayed where I was and watched them silently. They conversed angrily and I heard snippets of conversation like "mine" and "girl".

I walked away and texted Danielle the "good" news.

I looked up from my walk and saw I was near the park from where I first met Kevin. That park was about 10 minutes away from where Daniel dropped me off. I entered the park and walked among the trees. Suddenly I saw three faces in front of me.

Kevin pushed me and I fell on the ground. Arden immediately raised his fist and Daniel shoved Kevin.

Kevin looked nonplussed at the commotion.

"Where the hell did you go, you loafing idiot?" He yelled. "First I meet you, a blubbering piece of shit, who I'm destined to be with forever! Then I'm thinking ok, sure but then you have a mate and another and another. I'm sick of this and I'm sick of you! I hope you die."

I glared at him.

Daniel and Arden growled angrily. So they were protective already and Kevin was physically abusing me. Nice.

Kevin tried to leap on me but Arden and Daniel held him down. "Go away!" They hissed in anger. Kevin snapped at them, probably for his pride, and stalked away.

Arden and Daniel stared at each other. "Hey...," Began Arden. Daniel cracked a smile and greeted him back.

Arden said, "I always heard about the last dragon and wondered who it was. I can't believe I can finally meet you after all these centuries! For the sake of our beloved mate, let's be cool with each other."

I smiled at their bonding. I was going to get up when Daniel pulled me to my feet. "Let me help you there, princess."

I blushed when he said that but when I looked at Arden I felt guilty. He watched our exchange with watchful eyes and came over to us.

He placed his hand on my head while Daniel was still holding on to my hands. This must be a pretty sight to see.

"Are you ok?" Asked Arden. "I can kill him for you if he does that again."

Daniel nodded in agreement. "I don't like the way he pushed you for no reason. What kind of idiot is he?"

This time, Arden nodded in agreement. They started talking again and I was glad they wouldn't hate each other.

"I'm going to grab some coffee," I told them while making my way to leave.

Their heads snapped up and they said, "I'll follow," at the same time.

I shrugged and led the way as they followed, while still talking to each other. I smiled at the thought of us hanging out together without any hate for each other.

I chose my favorite cafe and ordered some coffee while they just sat there talking. I laughed at how cute they looked.

"I always had mad respect for you dragons," Arden eagerly said.

"I heard fish people were cool too! Are mermaids real?" Asked Daniel.

They continued the conversation until Arden had to leave.

"I'm sorry," he said to us. "I have urgent matters to attend to under the sea. Perhaps I'll see you tomorrow. Later!"

He left. There was only Daniel and me now. We smiled at each other.