Body and Mind

Free period time, the only time I had to relax. Normally I would spend time with Haruhi and the twins but today I felt rather tired and opted to put my head down for a quick nap.

When I awoke I was in music room three lying on the couch closest to the door. Haruhi, Hikaru and Karou surrounded me looking worried before relief washed over their faces.

"Thank god your awake. We brought you here after you wouldn't wake up." Haruhi said with a gentle smile. I sat up, my head was hurting as if someone had hit me over the head with a hammer.

"I suppose I haven't been sleeping enough."

"I think its more than that. All those lessons that Kyoya senpai's been making you go to probably has you stressed." Haruhi said as the twins nodded their heads.

"It doesn't help that we can't see you to help you relieve any of that stress." Hikaru said with a naughty smile before Haruhi swatted him over the head.

"No time for your brand of humour, this is serious. I thought Kyoya senpai would treat you well."

"He is.... He just lost himself in the processs."

"He does seem more.... Shadow Kingish. He won't even look at Mori senpai."

"Tono doesn't even notice the rift between the two of them. Its like he's turning a blind eye because you're envolved." Karou said as Hikaru slung an arm around his brother nodding his head in agreement.

Getting Kyoya to see he was doing wrong was a difficult task on my own. He wouldn't listen to me, but perhaps he might listen to the rest of the Host Club. Or at least they could plant a seed of doubt in ways my words could not.

"So how are we going to fix this?" Haruhi pipped in.

"Kyoya senpai won't listen to reason. Even if we tell him he's treating you poorly he won't believe us." Karou said before Hikaru struck an I-got-it type pose.

"If he won't listen why don't we just get Mori Senpai to beat him up."

"Have we ever seen Kyoya-senpai fight before?" Haruhi said provoking a shrug from both the twins who by the looks on their faces couldn't recall such a time when the Shadow King got his own hands dirty through force.

"He's skilled. He's been training for quite sometime ever since our engagement I believe." I had seen him sometimes on my way to my class. Kyoya would be sparing in the garden or he would leave out the company cards of the trainer he hired around my house.

He wanted to prove he was capable and in order to do that based on what I had said to him previously he would need to be on par with Takashi. Body and mind.

"Would he be able to beat Mori-senpai is the only question that matters." Haruhi said as the twins looked at me impatiently awaiting my answer.

Of course there was no way for Kyoya to beat him. Even with the great skills he had aquired, there were still things that held him back. Time for one thing, Mori-senpai had several years on him regarding training, physic played a part as well.

With taking over a branch and the training he forced himself to do, Kyoya often came to our nightly visits tired and drained. His eyes dropping as he pushed up his glasses repeatedly while we chatted in an effort to stay awake.

"He won't and we can use that to our advantage."

***
Kyoya looked at Takashi with a hard glare, the paper being held out in front of him brought him discomfort.

"A challenge letter?" Tamaki whispered to Haruhi as Kyoya and Takashi continued to stare at each other.

"We figured that Mori-senpai might be able to kick some sense into Kyoya." She replied before we all turned to look back at the two glaring boys.

Kyoya had the open letter in his hands, staring at it with amusement before he pushed up his glasses.

"The details of this challenge seemed stacked in your favour Mori-senpai. if it's a fight then its obvious you'll win."

"Ah." Takashi nodded his head.

"Well then there's no point in me participating. If I lose you want me to break my engagement, and my prize for winning is what I have acquired already." Kyoya turned to look at me. "Was this your idea Miya?" He pushed up his glasses again, I walked over to his side, placing a light hand on his arm and flashing him a smile.

"Kyoya, not just anyone can take over the Sayomi empire. I won't make you do this but it would be for your benefit."

"If your trying to manipulate me it won't work. This challenge is just a pathetic attempt to take Miya away from me."

"Pathetic is what you've been doing to Mi-chan." Honey senpai's voice causing a look of alarm to wash over everyone's face.

"D-dark Honey!"Tamaki senpai screamed while hiding behind Haruhi who looked rather shocked.

"You've been controlling her and pushing her past her limit. I bet your sorry self didn't even know she fainted in class the other day." When my face became puzzled, Honey-senpai flashed me a smile. "Hika and Kaou- chan told me." turning back to Kyoya with a hard gaze, Honey Senpai smirked. "Take responsibility and accept the challenge. If you really want to be her husband you'll at least try and beat Takashi. Or are you not man enough? Are you afraid Kyoya?"

Kyoya's eye twitched before he looked down at me and then back at Takashi.

"I'll take your bet. But when I win you all will back off of our affairs."

"You won't." Takashi said, straightening up as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

The sound of gear filled the air as Renge's laughter rang out. She stood gleefully on the platform a boxing ring bell in her hands.

"The fight between Kyoya and Mori senpai, a clash of two dark warriors both wanting the affection of a fair maiden... It's all so MOE!"

Hopefully the fight would work. Even if Takashi won, Kyoya would find some way out of it, that much was for sure. And I wasn't planning on him sticking to the terms of the fight. It was the fact that he was participating that I was glad for. If he fought and he could see how much this was effecting his friends and I then maybe he would listen.

Maybe we could get through to the Kyoya we had lost.