Betrothed

The host club was quiet in contrast to their normally loud atmosphere. I was enjoying the silence reading a book while sitting at my usual table with Takashi, the other host club members chatting politely with their guests, the source of the silence was from the absence of Tamaki. He and Kyoya were discussing something in the hall. It must have been a private matter if even Tamaki didn't want anyone to hear what they had to say.

"What do you think Kyoya and Tono are talking about?" Hikaru asked as he and Karou looked towards the door.

"Gotta be some secret if he doesn't want us to hear." Karou muttered before he went back to attending his client. I looked up from my book, and glanced at the door. I would be lying if I said I wasn't intirged, I sighed and went back to reading.

"Miya." Takashi's voice drew me from my book, i set it down on the table and smiled, he smiled back. 

"What is it Takashi?" He took my hand that was on top of the cover of my book and held it. I felt that warm feeling again, my face was heated as his thumb stroked the top of my hand.

"We should go out on the weekend. Mituskuni will be sleeping in, and we can just be alone together."

My smile grew wider and I nodded my head, most of our outings had involved Honey-senpai and while having him along was fun, I couldn't help but want some alone time with Takashi.

Takashi squeezed my hand before he lifted it bring it close to his lips. My eyes grew wide and I felt myself blush. The door to the host club slammed open. Everyone turned to see what the fuss was, Tamaki stood in the doorway along with Kyoya. Tamaki was pointing at Mori and I his mouth wide open. Kyoya lifted his glasses before a small frown appeared on his face.

"Drop that hand Mori-senpai!" Tamaki demanded just as Takashi's lips grazed my hand. "Miya, have you no shame, you are betrothed to Kyoya and yet you are allowing another man to kiss your hand!" Kyoya walked towards

 Betrothed? Kyoya and I marriage was dismissed. We both confirmed that after leaving the dinner the other night.

"Betrothed? Kyoya and I aren't-"  Kyoya cut me off with a chuckle. It was a light hearted chuckle that made the room hush. Kyoya didn't chuckle. he did have a polite laughter when with clients but never something as lighthearted as this. 

"It seems like you weren't informed Miya, No need to get worked up Tamaki." Kyoya patted Tamaki on the back before he walked to Takashi and I. He glanced at my hand that was still being held by Takashi before he smiled at me and took my hand away holding it in his instead and pulling me up and out of my seat. His hand unlike Takashi's was cold.

"It's been decided already, that you and I will be husband and wife."

"EHHH!" The twins voices yelled as the jumped up from their seats. I yanked my hand from Kyoya's grip and looked at Takashi. His hair covered his eyes, i couldn't read his expression. When I tried to move towards him, Kyoya blocked me with his body, before he had a tight hand on my waist pulling me to his side. he bent his head down and whispered into my ear.

"I can assure you, my skills are capable enough to handle being the head of the Sayomi clan. Now let's put on a great show shall we?" I scrunched my face annoyed by his actions, Kyoya smirked before he turned to Takashi, his grip on my waist tightened. 

"I hate to be forceful with you after all you are my friend Mori senpai," He paused and his expression changed. His eyes grew dark and intimidating. "however Miya is not a person who you can associate with  any longer. I've explained this to Tamaki already, if you try and contact her, you will be punished for it." 

Takashi regular stoic face returned. He looked out the window, turning his head away from Kyoya and I.

"Ah." He said.

"Takashi, won't you be sad if you don't get to hang out with Mi-chan?" Honey-senpai asked looking up from the cake he was eating. Frosting  was smothered around his mouth as he talked around the fork in his mouth.

"Mitsukuni, enough." 

"But Takashi-"

"Enough." He turned to look at Kyoya and gave him a nod. He would do ask Kyoya said, Takashi was going to leave me alone and now with my grandmother and Kyoya's father set on our marriage as well as Kyoya agreeing to it there was no escaping the marriage.  I had been trapped by the Shadow King. 

I felt myself tear up as I clutched my heart. It hurt more than when Mei and I were seperated. Perhaps I was delusional, thinking that Takashi cared for me. If he could easily throw me away in an instant, then maybe it was best that I not let my heart feel for him beyond the blushing and butterflies. If he could put a stop to his feeling for me than so could I, or at the very least I could fake it.