Warm hands and engagements

"Mi-chan hurry hurry!" Honey senpai yelled as he raced ahead of me and Takshi. The three of us had headed out for a relaxing weekend at this street festival that Haruhi had told Honey senpai about.

It was daytime, and the festival area was crowded, oddly enough Takashi didn't seem to be concerned about losing Honey senpai in the crowd, I guess it helped that he could see over the crowd and watch as Honey senpai weaved through the people.

"Honey-senpai you should just walk with us!" I said after catching my breath. I had races after him just encase Takashi could loose track of him, Takashi was still walking slowly behind us. Honey senpai now sat on a bench near an ice cream stall happy licking on a vanilla and chocolate swirl.

"I wanted to give you and Takashi sometime alone." He beamed before continuing to eat his ice cream.

"Why would you do that?" I asked

"Takashi asked me too! Neh Takashi?" Honey senpai said staring at Takashi who had now flanked to my side.

I looked at Takashi puzzled, he blushed slightly and looked away.

"A-ah." I smiled.

"Honey senpai would you mind if Takashi spent the day together? Alone? I haven't properly thanked him for getting me out of the closet."

Honey senpai beamed as he rapidly nodded his head. He jumped off the bench landing on his feet lightly before he patted Takashi's leg.

"Have fun! Make sure to protect Mi-chan from any bad guys."

He left, racing into the crowd disappearing from our sight. Well at least my sight, I was pretty sure Takashi was still keeping tabs on where the little blond boy was heading to by the way his eyes lingered in the direction that Honey senapi had gone in.

"So where shall we go?" I asked before Takashi took my hand pulling me into the crowd.

"Stay near me." his low voice said as I felt my hands folding with his so that we were properly holding hands. It was warm, I felt warm as Takashi and I walked around to different stalls like this.

I didn't want to let go.

***

Ever since the festival, Takashi and I had gotten close, he talked to me in full sentence, if I dropped by the host club on days when I wasn't busy, some of the customers were shocked. Tamaki senpai never failed to make a surprised face every single time.

"How do you do it Miya?" Tamaki asked as I took a sip of tea. Hosting hours were over, however I was told by my grandmother to get a ride with Kyoya. Apparently we were to meet her and his father at Kyoya's home to discuss something.

"How do I do what senpai?"

"How do you get Mori senpai to talk so much? Even with Honey senpai he doesn't say much."

I smiled, looking over at Takahi who was wiping off some cream from Honey senpai's face. I still felt that warm feeling from when I held his hand, that feeling hadn't gone away.

"Ah that... I guess he's just fond of me."

There was a loud bang, then the sound of gears turning. It was long before Renge and her little palatform had popped up in the middle of the music room. She sat down on a chair reading one of those shojou manga's she enjoyed.

"Ah the silent type becomes talkative because of his love interest! To happen in real life, this is just...just... MOE!!!!" She covered her mouth with the back of her hand as she laughed heartly. I smiled as I shook my head.

"Miya." I stopped watching Renge as she laughed turning my attention to Kyoya who had called me. He had both of our bags in his hands and was turned slightly towards the door to the host club. "The car is waiting for us, let's go." I nodded my head.

"Ah, well I'll be leaving now then. Bye everyone. Bye bye Takashi." Takashi waved goodbye as did the rest of the host club and Renge before Kyoya and I left.

The limo ride was quiet, neither Kyoya or I made an effort to talk to one another. I amused myself by watching the scenary change as we came closer and closer to Kyoya's home.

When we reached Kyoya's estate instantly we were whisked away from the car and into a dinning room where my grandmother and Kyoya's dad sat. Kyoya and I sat at the table, food was placed in from of us. My grandmother and a smile on her face which I found to be creepy, both Kyoya and his father had blank faces.

"Miya, for generations the Sayomi family has been sucessful," I raised an eyebrow as I wondered where my grandmother was going with this. Moreover why bring Kyoya and his family into this? "we've been able to this this through hardwork, intelligence and connections." My grandmother smiled at Kyoya's father. "I've already discussed things with Mr.Ootori, and the two of us have agreed to have you two be married." I glared at my grandmother and had opened my mouth to protest but Kyoya had beaten me to it and voiced his own concern.

"Ms. Sayomi, I have no intention of marrying your granddaughter. While she is lovely indeed I don't think-" My grandmother cut him off with a loud sigh as she placed her hand on her forehead.

"Ah I should have gone to that Morinozuka fellow that you're always going out to see."

"Wait, we can still work things out have the kids talk things over and see what they decide." Mr Ootori said making my grandmother sigh.

"We'll leave you two to talk." The two left swifty leaving Kyoya and I alone.

"If it was Mori senpai would you agree to this?" Kyoya asked, I noticed he had his hands balled into fists.

"Not just anyone can take over the Sayomi empire. As to Takashi's abilities I'm not sure."

"And mine?"

I sighed and looked directly at Kyoya. " I don't wish to marry someone like you."