House Visit

In order to prep for the host club's visit William had bolted several doors shut and made sure to tidy up every inch of the house. I shook my head and his silliness but allowed him to continue on with his work. Even if I told him not to William wouldn't listen, he did what he wanted and if he thought this would protect me and my image then he would go through with it.

Haruhi was the first to arrive, that struck me as odd since I was told by Hikaru and Karou that they would all be coming together.

Upon noticing my puzzled face Haruhi smiled before explaining herself.

"I wanted us to talk without the rest of the club being here. Girl to girl, I haven't done that in a while so i figured why not."

So even if she was used to acting as a boy Haruhi wanted some girl time. Made sense to me.

Leading Haruhi to the garden at the back the estate we sat underneath the white gazebo. The chat was nice, Haruhi being Haruhi we talked about simple things, and I was glad that she didn't bring up my death attempt.

We were on the topic of the electives we were going to choose next year when there was ring of a bell. Then Williams cough and the door to the garden opened. Standing behind William was the host club each bearing expressions of concern, all expect Kyoya who bore an expressionless face. Once they saw that I was okay, the concern vanished and was replaced by smiles.

"Miss shall I let then in or do you wish to continue speaking to miss Haruhi alone?" I smiled at Williams blunt question. Any normal butler would have let them in regardless because of their social status. For him I was the only person he had to impress, I was his mistress and the only person who matter to him.

I chuckled before getting up, leaving Haruhi at the gazebo and going to Williams side.

"It's fine let them in." Touching his shoulder in a calming matter, letting him know it was indeed okay, William's figure relaxed and I clapped my hands joyfully.

The host club was allowed in, and instantly Hikaru and Karou began roaming the garden. It wasn't as big as the one in the main estate but it was large enough that Tamaki could prance around and sniff the roses.

While they amused themselves, Honey and Mori-senpai sat down where Haruhi was, a table of sweets was placed in the gazebo and Honey senpai gladly stuffed his face while Mori-senpai made sure he didn't eat too much as well as helping himself to the fruit that accompanied the sweets.

Kyoya stood next to William. I could feel his stare and moved closer to William as a result. I didn't feel like talking to him. Not after what he had said to me the other day at the beach house.

"Miss, is something wrong? Do you want me to stay with you?" Before I had a chance to respond Kyoya shot William one of his angry smiles. It didn't faze William though and that only seemed to anger Kyoya more.

"A servant such as yourself should not be so comfortable with his mistress. If I didn't know better I'd say you two were having a love affair."

"Thats none of your concern Kyoya." My answer only seemed to anger him.

"It is when you may very well become my wife. I'd rather know about your love affairs, especially if he would be working for us after marriage. I can't have a servant in love with my wife now can I?"

Silence fell over the garden. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and turned their attention towards us.

"Kyoya, you shouldn't make such assumptions." Haruhi interjected. Williams stance became tense.

"Love between a lady and her butler is forbidden I would never cross those lines."

"That's not what your body language is saying. You're tense, and I have the feeling you want to hit me. Is it because I'll be the one to marry Miya and not you?" a smug smile was plastered on Kyoya's face. William's fist was clenched when I touched his shoulder gently he eased up and regained his composure.

"I would not cross those lines Master Kyoya. Miss Miya and I are not in a relationship."

"Do you love her?"

More silence.

"Kyoya, enough. William you are dismissed. Go take a break I don't want to see you until dinner time." William bowed to me before taking one glance at Kyoya and disappearing into the estate. I sighed.

"Wether or not William has feelings for me is none of your concern."

"It does when it concerns you. Our families are doing business with one another and you are the heir. If you come across a scandal than your name and anyone who is associated with you will be ruined. There is also the possibilty that you would become my wife, and I'd rather not have a scandelous wife. " He adjusted his glass as he spoke.

"Kyoya." Tamaki muttered. I glared at him.

"And here I though you were checking up on me because you cared. I was foolish to ever consider that. I did consider you a friend Kyoya, but if you want to have a business only relationship then fine, we'll associate on those terms."

"Miya..." Hikaru and Karou muttered before I went back to my spot under the gazebo with Haruhi.

"Now, what were we talking about?"

"Are you sure you want to leave things like that with Kyoya. Correct me if I'm wrong but you being friendly with him actually made him happy." Haruhi said as I picked up a strawberry that Honey hadn't eaten already.

"It wasn't true happiness Haruhi. His father made him be nice to me, nothing more and nothing less."

I wasn't sure if it was because I thought we could be friends, or maybe it was because Kyoya had said we knew each other in the past and were close. To hear that he cared about me but only because he was thinking about his family business and not about my own well being, that I was another obligation he was fulfilling as a member of the Otoori family.

It hurt, I'd talk to Haruhi about it later. But for now I wasn't planning on speaking to Kyoya, it would be childish of me but for now I made up my mind to ignore him.

A/N : Here's an update! hope you enjoy it. So the visit didn't turn out to be all sappy like I planned for it too, i think I like this version much better :) anyways commetn below and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!