Chapter 26 - Tortured Soul

Oh my God wow Angie it's been like 4 months since you last updated where've you been!?

Sitting in my bed. Staring at the screen. Having no idea what to write. So, oops I'm very very sorry oh gosh. 

P.S. this might be a bit intense later on sorry.  

-:-:-:-

In my mind it seemed as though the darkness would last forever, that I was actually being pulled down to Hell, and that my eternal damnation would consist of seeing Sam's utterly heartbroken face everywhere I looked. In reality though, the world was only dark for a second before a blinding red light flared in my vision and revealed a place I had never seen in my life. I scrunch my eyes shut, trying and failing to stop the steady flow of tears that had been rushing down my face since I first agreed to go with Crowley. Every bone in my body screams that this was the wrong decision, but what else was there for me to do? My power can't be that great, or right now I would be standing outside the bunker with Crowley lying dead at my feet and Sam Winchester by my side.

Behind my eyelids, the red light has become nothing more than a steady glow. Still, when I open my eyes and the shelter of that darkness is gone, the light is almost overwhelming. With a heavy heart and a mind filled with nothing but sorrow and regret, I lift  my head and scan the huge room I've appeared in. It looks to me like it's an old warehouse or bunker or something as equally predictable. The red light reminds me of the dim sort of lights that come on in some buildings after the power has gone out and all that's left is the backup lights. There are no windows, at least in this particular room, and the air is stuffy, the lack of fresh air makes it hard to breathe. Another second of looking around and I notice Crowley standing in front of the only door in the room with his hands sunk deep into the pockets of his black overcoat.

Crowley is grinning in triumph, and I sigh and cross my arms. "Don't look so smug." I say. 

"Why shouldn't I? I got what I wanted." The king mocks me in his suddenly very obnoxious English accent. 

I don't answer him right away, choosing instead to start wandering around the room, looking for any hint of a way out of this situation. To my dismay, I notice a slew of designs painted on the dark walls. They're sigils designed to keep an angel from flying off, much like demon traps are meant to do the same to demons. Special thanks to my past self for being overly obsessed with a TV show, otherwise I probably wouldn't have recognized them.

Crowley must have noticed the expression on my face when my eyes ran over the symbols, because his self-congratulatory grin spread even wider. "No popping off and running to your boyfriend, angel."

"Don't call me that." I glare at him over my shoulder as I continue to pace the room. 

"That is what you are. Or have you turned to denying that detail?"

I roll my eyes and sigh a great deal louder than the first time. "No, I'm not denying it. Obviously that's what I am. But I don't freaking appreciate you using it as a derogatory term." 

Crowley actually laughs, and I clench my fists tight, but I can't do anything to him, at least right now. Crowley shakes his head. "You've got to be joking. I've just threatened your friends and taken you prisoner and you're bloody pissed because I've used a derogatory term."

"You could try to be less of an ass, Crowley. At least I came with you without killing all your goons and trying to stab you in the heart with a demon blade." My tone is light and nonchalant, like nothing that's happened is really a big deal when in reality I'm about a second away from completely breaking down.