Chapter 4 - Who Are You

The look of surprise that crosses Sam's face is actually pretty comical.

"You know us?" He asks me. 

"Oh God yes! This is unbelievable!" My ever present fangirl is fighting her way to the surface. I don't think that's a good thing. 

Dean's look of extreme suspicion (and the fact that he's inching his way towards something on the table near him) snaps me out of my temporary excitement. He looks at me and says "Unbelievable why? Who are you? Why were you in our basement? And actually, most importantly, why the hell are you wearing clothes like that? Why is Sammy's face on your shirt?" 

I feel my expression twist into one of confusion. "I, um, I don't really know honestly."

Now Sam is the one with a confused expression. "You don't know who you are?" 

I let out a nervous laugh. "Oh! No, I know who I am. I just have absolutely no idea how I got here. I mean, you guys shouldn't even be real. This is probably a dream or something." I laugh again. 

"Wait, backup." Dean says. He's reached the table and his hand is wrapping around something laying behind him. "What do you mean we shouldn't be real? That makes no sense. We're as real as you." 

"No, you aren't!"

"Yes we are!"

"No you-"

"Hold up!" Sam interrupts the argument Dean and I were about to get into. "Alright, first tell us your name. Obviously you already know who we are. Then we'll try to figure out what the hell is going on."

I take a deep breath. "Okay, my name is Jocelyn Elwood. I'm nineteen years old and I'm from some lame little town in Pennsylvania. There's this show, see, called Supernatural-"

Sam interrupts me again. He seems to be making a habit of that. "Wait stop there. Alright, hi Jocelyn. That's a very pretty name you got there." He says with a smile.

I blush. Is Sam Winchester flirting with me? No... "Thank you." I say with a little smile. 

He smiles back at me and turns to Dean. "Dean, remember that time that angel guy zapped us to another universe or whatever?" Dean nods and Sam continues. "Wasn't the show called Supernatural? And we were called Jared and Jensen I think. Yea and Cas was Moosha or something." 

I can't help but laugh out loud. "Misha, it's Misha." 

"Oh yea, right, Misha." He laughs with me. 

"Yo!" Dean cuts in. I think he's a little ticked that Sam is being so friendly with me. My eyes snap over to him and travel down to his hand. I breath in sharply. He's holding a knife in his hand!

I really don't know why that's a surprise actually. I mean, he's Dean Winchester and some strange girl has just appeared in his basement. Which I've come to realize is the basement of their Men of Letters bunker.

"You don't need that." I say to him, a little surprised at my own calmness. "I'm no shape shifter or anything if that's what you're thinking. Which is actually something a shape shifter would say isn't it?"

"Just a precaution." He says to me. I should've guessed Dean would be the one more likely to kill me. Hah.

Sam looks back at me. "So, wait a minute. You don't think we're real, and yet you believe in the supernatural?"

I keep my eyes on Dean and his silver knife. "Okay look. This is going to be really hard to explain alright? Yes, I know about all that stuff but until about five minutes ago I didn't think it was real. Dean, if it makes you feel any better you can test that knife on me, you can hit me with holy water, whatever makes you feel better. I'm just a normal girl. At least as far as I know."