Chapter 11 - The Roadhouse

A/N

**SPOILERS IN MY AUTHORS NOTE IF YOU AREN'T CAUGHT UP WITH SPN YET**

Hi! BTW there's no actual spoilers in the chapter if that's what you thought. There's just something I need to say about this story before I keep going. I'm still basically in denial over a lot of the deaths that have happened in Supernatural so most of the characters who have died in the show (Bobby, Ellen, Ash, Jo, Bobby, etc.) are alive in my story. I wanted to write about them so I kept them alive haha. 

-:-:-:-

"Where did they go? We haven't been gone that long!"

"I don't know." Charlie answers my question. "Maybe they went to their rooms or something?"

I shrug in response.

After we left the firing range,  Charlie and I headed back to the living room to tell the brothers all about my surprisingly good shooting skills. But, they had disappeared and we still can't find them. We haven't been looking long, only a few minutes, but it's still odd. 

"Saam!!" I yell out. Maybe he'll hear me and answer. 

No such luck, he doesn't respond.

Charlie and I share a puzzled look, but then we hear the main door of the bunker open and close; the door that goes outside.

We head towards it and as we turn the corner I call out, softer this time. "Sam?" 

It is him. He turns to us and looks down from the balcony where the door is with a confused look on his face. "Joce? Is everything okay?"

I nod hurriedly. "Yea! We just came to find you and Dean but you were both gone. We were worried that's all. Why were you outside?" 

He smiles as he comes down the stairs to where Charlie and I are standing, looking up at him. "We're fine. Dean was just pulling the Impala around front so we could put some stuff in it."

"Why do you need to put stuff in the car?" I ask him.

He looks at us a little warily. "Oh yea, we got a call from Bobby." He directs his answer more towards Charlie than to me. 

Charlie looks surprised. "Really? It's been a while since he last called."

Sam nods. "Yea, we told him we were taking a little break from hunting. He's been giving cases to other hunters instead of us. They were all just little things that they could handle themselves." 

I cut in. "Wait. Cases?"

Sam looks at me. "Yea, our friend Bobby Singer, actually he's more like a father, he kind of raised us, see-"

I wave my hand impatiently to get him to stop talking. "Sam, I know who Bobby is remember?"

"Oh right," He responds. "I forget that you already know all this."

I chuckle. "Yea, it's probably still a bit weird for you. For me too, actually. Anyway, Bobby called with a case? What is it?" 

Sam gives me a wary look, I have a feeling he knows exactly what I'm thinking. "Joce..." 

I give him an innocent look. "What Sam?" 

"Joce." He sighs. "I know what you're thinking. You're not going on a case with us! It's too dangerous!" 

I cross my arms over my chest and huff. Yea I realize that's pretty childish but whatever.

"Saam!" I whine. "I'll be fine! I won't like fight or anything, I just want to help! I can do research."