Chapter 16 - First Kill

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JENSEN ACKLES!! THIRTY FRIGGIN SIX HOLY SHIT.

-:-:-:-

Let me tell you what it's like having Sam Winchester as a boyfriend. Yes, he's extremely gorgeous, sexy as hell, intelligent, and not to mention really sweet; but he's also majorly over protective. True, I can't exactly fight monsters like he can but that's no excuse for locking me in a god damn motel room. I'm serious right now, he actually locked me in the room. 

It may have something to do with that Miles idiot. Charlie, Jo, and I were explaining who he was, how we met him, and I might have accidentally let slip that he was hitting on me. Word to the wise, when dating a deadly, gun wielding hunter, do not tell him that a potential monster hit on you. Sam got really worried and anxious and automatically thought I was in danger because Miles showed interest in me but honestly we're not even sure if the waiter is the monster. 

I feel utterly stupid for ending up locked in a room. I didn't know something this embarrassing was possible, even for me. Sam, being the cunning man he is, managed to sneak my room key into his jacket and got Dean, Jo, and Charlie to leave the room before him. Then, he turned to me and said "I'm going to apologize ahead of time for what I'm about to do because I know you'll be pissed and just so you know, it's for your own good. Okay?" And I basically stood there with a baffled expression on my face while he almost sprinted out of the room, closed the door, and locked it before I had any time to react. 

At the moment, I am wallowing in my self-pity and shame while staring at the motel ceiling. These frigging motel beds are so not comfortable enough to lay on for this long. I let out a sigh and drag myself up from the lumpy mattress, heading towards the small table in the room. There's a knife laying there that Dean left behind. I pick it up and sit with my chin in one hand while I twirl the knife with the other. Then suddenly, the loud crash of breaking glass sounds from the bathroom, shocking me out the chair and onto my feet. 

"What the fuck?" I say to myself, cautiously making my way towards the source of the noise. I hear the sound of footsteps on broken glass and hastily I shove the knife behind by back, hiding it from view.

"What are you doing!?" I exclaim as Miles walks out of the bathroom, shaking the dust of broken glass from his brown hair. His eyes have lost any bit of kindness they showed before and his lips twist up in an evil smile.

I decide the best thing to do here is to still pretend as though I'm just a normal girl with no knowledge of the supernatural. Because obviously I was right about this guy, he is the monster. Aaand my assumption is proven as he lets out a laugh and bears a set of admittedly very impressive and very sharp fangs.

I gasp and stumble backwards, "Shit." I say simply. "You're not human."

"I must say, this is the calmest reaction I've ever gotten, especially from a girl." He responds in an arrogant tone.

"A sexist vampire. Wow." I shoot back in a shaky voice. I do my best to hide the fact that I'm scared out of my mind but I seriously doubt I fooled him.

"And how do you know I'm a vampire honey?"

"I don't know, the fucking fangs may have given it away. And don't call me honey." 

"I'll call you whatever I want honey. Besides, you won't be alive for much longer to care." He grins as he says that last part and suddenly I'm very worried that I may not survive the rest of this night. 

I glance around the room, looking for an escape route, but thanks to Sam's over protectiveness I can't even get out the door, which happens to be right behind me. Meanwhile, Miles is making his way towards me with his fangs glinting maliciously.