Chapter 21 - When Worlds Collide

I apologize in advance. Please do not shoot me for the crappiness of this.

PS. I'LL FIX GRAMMAR LATER. 

-:-:-:-

"You've got to be kidding me." I throw my hands up in the air and push off the wall I had been leaning against. I yank a hand through my un-brushed brown hair in frustration and begin to pace across the bunker's floor.

"Hey, it's something." Dean sighs and shrugs, like he doesn't know what to say but is trying hard to think of a way to help me.

"Dean!" I spin towards him and plant my hands on my hips. "You just called Sam and I out here because you said you and Cas had a lead. A lead that could help us figure out what the bloody hell is going on with me and all you've said is that there was some 'funky light show' in southern Cali!"

"But, Jocelyn...." Cas begins, stepping forward as if to defend his hunter from my words. "Dean's right-"

"Yea, yea." I wave him off and plop down on the couch, resting my elbows on my legs and my head in my hands. I look up, fighting off a wave of confused and frustrated tears. Sam joins me on the couch and offers me a small, understanding smile, I take his hand in mine and squeeze it, forever grateful that he's here for me. I look up at the two men standing in front of me and blink away the tears on the verge of spilling over. "I just, you know, was really hoping it'd be something solid I guess. Something that could help me understand."

Castiel nods his head and glances at Dean, who takes a few steps before squatting in front of me, so he can look me in the eyes. "Joce," he begins, "This could be more than we think. I, personally, think it's worth checking out. I mean, the report said it was this shit load of like 'turquoise light that appeared from no where and disappeared within a minute,' and I'm quoting that exactly from the news."

"But what makes you think that has anything to do with Joce?" Sam asks, shaking his hair out of his face as he turns an inquiring look on his older brother. 

"Weird ass funky light coming from no where? It sounds like angel light, which is what Joce's looks like, it's just not the same kind of light blue that Cas's is." As he speaks, he waves a hand over his shoulder, gesturing towards his boyfriend who nods in confirmation and breaks in.

"Dean's right." Cas states for the second time that day. "Jocelyn's light looks and feels much like mine does. The only difference is that her's is purple. This light in California may be like her's, only in a different color."

I look at the two of them, standing side by side with matching looks of certainty and determination on their faces and I can't help the disbelieving scoff that escapes my lips. "I'm sorry, I just, I'm having a hard time believing this. You're thinking that just because a bunch of people saw this weird, turquoise light, it could mean that there's someone else like me in this world. When I'm not even from this world!" Sam opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "Not to mention the fact that it's California, strange shit happens there all the time doesn't it?" I don't know why I'm trying so hard to come up with a different explanation. God knows I want so badly to figure out what I am, why I can do these new things, but I can't seem to help the doubtful thoughts that bounce through my head. 

Dean sighs and moves to the armchair on my right, collapsing into it and running a hand through his hair in agitation. Cas looks from Dean to me, then to Sam and back to me again. He cocks his head to one side like he's thinking, or trying to figure something out. "Why don't we..." Cas pauses for a second. "Why don't we go to California. It wouldn't hurt to look around, right?" He directs the last question to me and I let a small smile slip onto my face, I nod up at the angel. "Yea, Cas. It wouldn't hurt."