Prologue - End of the life as I know it

Prologue – End of the life as I know it

Tehan Malik Senadheera. Tall like a light house, skin fair like milk chocolate and muscular like a lion. Are lions even muscular? Whatever, a lion comes to my mind when I try to describe him.

His parents are famous, both as lawyers and as lovers. I don’t know all the details, but their love story is supposed to be as legendry as Shakespeare’s Romeo Juliet. But, of course, they didn’t die.

He is the twin of Thejan Mayan Senadheera, straight A scholar, amazing debater and a football star. Before anyone gets their hopes up, he has a girl friend.

Anyone could say he and Tehan are brothers, they have the same fair skin, same features and same lion like body frames. But Tehan is way taller than his twin. Some say he is the more handsome one.

Yet Thejan is undoubtedly the friendlier and the more cheerful twin. He talks kindly to everyone and would grin at you even if you catch his eye in a corridor by accident. Tehan, on the other hand, is mysterious and aloof. He hardly ever smiles let alone acknowledging anyone. He’s antisocial with a capital A.

I am not sure what his talents or hobbies are or what he is like as a person. Sometimes you would say he’s an arrogant jerk, but then again you might wonder if it is just his disposition. When he comes to the university in his motor bike, he has a total bad ass look. But then again he doesn’t seem to be the gangster type either. Like I said he is mysterious.

Does he have a girl friend? Not that I know of. There’s a rumour that he might be gay. Emphasis on rumour. I don’t think anyone ever tried to confirm it with him. His dark aura keeps everyone ten meters away from him at all times. Even the girls who think he is hot like lava.

No one approaches him, even for an innocent purpose like wishing him good morning. So how did I end up accepting a dare to confess my love to him? I do not love him. But I do happen to love my long hair. It was either confess to him or shave my hair bald like a monk.

I walk towards his bike falteringly. Oh dear, why is this place so crowded today? Yeah right, they’ve come to enjoy the show. Just my luck, the enemy I made during my school days just happened to be the girl friend of the guy next in line for the Student Union presidency of our faculty. I must be surely the fate’s favourite entertainment provider.

I clench my fingers which are shaking into fists. I feel like a rabbit who is going to face the lion. oh, the irony.

Crap, his brother and their best friends - Anudhi and Kasthuri- are there too. The three of them are laughing at something while Tehan looks bored. My feet feel like jelly. Bald head doesn’t seem like a very bad alternative after all. Is it too late to turn back?

Yeah. Tehan notices me and titles his head to the side slightly. He still looks bored, but a tiny bit curious too. Probably wondering what a girl like me would want to say to a boy like him.

I take a deep breath and say the words that will end the life as I know it.

“Tehan, I love you!”

<Exam is a month away! Even I am not sure what I am doing:P But I just had to write this down.

<I am assuming you already guessed whose sons Thejan and Tehan are:D We'll if see this protagonist has a love story as legendary as his parents;) ;)

<Please VOTE and COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!

<Yup, that's Tehan on side:D