Chapter 15 - Adrenalin rush

Rahesh stiffened. “What? They escaped?” he muttered a string of curses.

“Sayumyi and her mother escaped? This fast? Wow!” Thejan commented.

Rahesh gave an aggravated grunt and stormed out of the room in his wolf speed. Twins followed him quickly while Madhavan came a bit late with his mother. Rahesh had gone to the surveillance room, which had around fifteen screens showing different parts of the building.

“There!” Rahesh pointed his finger to the screen second from the corner one. The person at the controls immediately switched the image to the center screen and zoomed on Sayumyi and her mother.

“They are already at the door,” Rahesh muttered. He sounded like his attention was divided, so he was probably mind linking the pack members.

  “Are you out of your mind right now?” Harshani screamed at Sayumyi in the screen.

“I don’t know. But I can’t just leave knowing Tehan will be in pain and his life will be in danger if I am not with him,” Sayumyi said, looking torn. Tehan’s eyes widened as he heard this.

“What fantastical lies has he fed you with?”

“It’s not a lie. I have seen it with my own eyes. He needs me amma, please!”

“Yeah right. Like he’ll want you when the reality of what you’re hits him completely. He’s going to loath you sooner or later and then you’ll be kicked out like a beggar. That is if the pack of West lets you live that long. Didn’t you see the way Rahesh spoke of you as if you were nothing more than a disfigured doll?”

Tehan could see hurt flash through Sayumyi’s eyes in the screen and he felt angry that her mother should talk to her like that. No wonder Sayumyi was so unsure of herself.

 “I still want to stay,” Sayumyi murmured. It was obvious it took a lot for her to defy her mother. Tehan, more than anyone else knew it must be killing her inside.

“You’re going to pick a boy who you met a few months ago over a mother who sacrificed her whole life for you?”

“I am s-sorry, amma,”

“I am sorry too.”

What Harshani did next shocked everyone.

“Did she just kidnap her own daughter?” Madhavan blinked.

“Of course. That kid is a very valuable asset. Though it is a clone it behaves just like human. Imagine the benefits of owning such a creation! I bet she’ll be the most expensive commodity in the market if anyone were to find out about her,” Rahesh said.

Before he could take the next breath Tehan was out of the room and running in top speed. His brothers screamed after him, but he barely heard them.

“I won’t let Sayumyi to become a commodity to anyone! She is my girl!” was the only thing that was in his mind.

“Go after him. He’s going to need help to rescue her,” he was already out of the building when he heard her mother saying. Rahesh was already coming with the pack warriors but Himaya probably wanted Thejan and Madhavan to be there too.

“Thank you amma,” Tehan muttered under his breath as he followed the fresh trail of Harshani’s wolf. He was a fast runner, especially in his lion form. So he caught up with the wolf soon. Sayumyi lay limp on her back.

“Oh great, here comes Rama after his stolen beloved,” Harshani snorted. “Are you mental to chase after a clone, lion boy?”

“I thought you loved her as to your own child. So why are you treating her like a clone?” Tehan asked, following her, but making no attempt to attack. Sayumyi will hate him if he hurt her mother, so attacking was only a last resort.