Chapter 27 - Out of control

Lioness Sayumyi opened her eyes, her eyes shining dangerously. It's like a veil has been lifted. I remember everything now! I am Tehan's personal brand of medicine, the saviour of his heart!

Her whole being seemed to respond to Tehan’s pain and this resulted in clearing her mind of the cloud put on her brain by Narendra. He tampered with my brain, but he couldn't tamper with my heart!

No wonder he didn't want me to meet Tehan. She lifted her head and looked at the lion in her arms. "Tehan, come to your senses!" she licked his face. It sounds awkward, but that's how things work when you are in lion form.

Ultimately Tehan gave a grunt.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Sayumyi cried encouragingly.

"Sayum...yi!" he pronounced in a groggy voice.

"I am here, Tehan. Turn human!"

"It huuurts!" A very unlion-like whine.

"Don't worry! I am here! I will take away your pain! Just turn human!" Sayumyi insisted. Tehan sighed and turned human. His face was pale and drenched with sweat. Sayumyi laid her head next to his face, focusing her energy on shielding him. And she could tell when he got relieved of agony from the way his muscles relaxed and the breath became normal. His hand slipped around her lioness head and he cuddled to her, him being smaller now because he was in human form whereas she was in lion form.

Sayumyi waited patiently till he woke up, which he ultimately did.

"Sayumyi?" he looked at her in shock. "You're here!"

"You sound so disappointed! I don't know why I bothered!" Sayumyi huffed and stood up.

"Hey," Tehan protested.

"I am going," Sayumyi turned her head sassily.

"Wait, you've got to listen to me!"

"What is there to listen, when I remembered it all on my own?"

Tehan's eyes widened. "You remembered?"

Sayumyi nodded. "I don't know why you make such a fuss about not having a keeper to your heart...when you have something even better...a guardian to your heart!"

Tehan stared at her in shock for a few minutes before a grin broke over his face. Gosh, this boy sure has a smile that can make a girl's heart go flat like a tire.

"Since when did you become so feisty, little rabbit?" he wondered.

"Since I fell in love with a lion prince," Sayumyi winked. "Thanks for letting me find my inner lioness, Tehan," she said in a more serious tone.

Tehan beamed. He reached his hand and she came forward to allow him to pat her head.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Can I come with you? Is that okay?" Sayumyi asked tentatively.

"Do you even have to ask?" Tehan shouted. "You're welcome at my house at anytime, you know that. Everyone has been missing you so much!"

Sayumyi smiled. "Thanks, Tehan. And shouldn't you tell the packs and everyone not to worry because you've got me? I have to apologize your maama also," she looked down guiltily.

"Don't think too much about it. They kind of asked for it," Tehan shrugged. "And you've turned into a very cool fighter. Sharp, fast and dangerous, you were sexy enough to make me forget how to breathe."