// e l e v e n //

:: chapter eleven ::

Dara was staring at him as he gently placed her down the bed, sitting. They were inside the camp’s clinic. She was biting her lips as she felt the corner of her eyes was starting to get watery. She felt terrible, she felt worst for making him worry. She was following her with her eyes as he placed a metal tray on the wooden side table. He sat down in front of her as their eyes met. Her tears crawled as guilt squeezed its way to her chest. She bit her lips wanting to stop from crying only to fail. ‘I-I’m sorry,’ she mumbled as she griped her shirt tightly. He slowly moved his hand as he gently wiped her tears.

Then he gently grabbed her hands and pulled her to him as he locked her in his arms. She then started sobbing as she buried her face on his chest. ‘Don’t be mad, I’m really sorry,’ she said between her sobs. He gently caressed her back and landed small kisses on her hair. ‘Ssshhh... It’s okay,’ he whispered, cooing her. ‘Just... just don’t do it again,’ he added together with a small sigh. Dara distanced herself from him with a faint smile on her lips. She chuckled a bit as she wiped her tears. ‘Promise,’ she said chuckling as he gently tucked her hair behind her ears.

Jiyong then gently grabbed the metal tray that was filled with cotton balls and all sorts of things he needed to tend her cuts. Dara was watching him carefully as he gently tended her cuts. She didn’t know he was good at doing such thing. She smiled, he was like an expert first aider. ‘How come you’re good at this?’ she asked smiling. Jiyong stared straight at her eyes as he gently placed the band aid. ‘I grew up in a family of doctors,’ he said as he stood up and grabbed the used cotton balls, placed it on the metal tray and threw it away as he proceeded to the cabinet and placed the things he used. ‘Must be great to be in such family,’ Dara smiled at him. He grabbed the bottle of antiseptic and stared at it for a while. He was turning it around as if he was reading the label. ‘No it’s not,’ he said weakly as he placed the antiseptic bottle on the cabinet. His eyes drifted to Dara who was currently lost of words. ‘In fact, it was never great,’ he said as he closed the cabinet.

There was a strange silence which started agglomerating the whole room. Dara stood up and gave him a tight back hug as he quickly turned around, grabbed her waist and lifted her to sit on the sink. ‘I was born and left alone, I was all alone my whole life. There was no one there for me, I got no one Dara,’ he whispered bitterly as his eyes still locked at her innocent and fascinating orbs. Dara can’t almost breath, she got nothing to say.

She was lost for words. He called her by her name. It was the first time he did that and she felt as if there were strange emotions filling her chest that she started breathing heavily. It felt as if it was the sweetest thing he had ever said. Then she couldn't almost believe that he opened up, for the first time he opened up to her. And she just felt special. Is it really possible to feel so happy just because he called her by her name? Is it possible to feel so many things just because of things he said about himself?

She smiled as she shook her head and leaned her forehead on his. ‘You’re not. I’m here and I’ll always be,’ she said as she fluttered her eyes closed with him doing the same thing. There was silence between them, the only thing they can hear was their breathing, and their heart pounding in their chest wanting to escape and be free. They could both feel their breath brushed on each other’s face as if they were breathing life to one another. And it was as if they have waited so long for this chance, for this moment, like they have been dreaming about this their whole life.