Chapter 9| Night of Illusions

About a week later, it was the day of the royal ball

   About a week later, it was the day of the royal ball. The castle was preparing for the night of the ball, all the servants zipping around to set everything up. Everyone was busy. Everyone except...

   Just now waking up, Katsumi rose up from the tatami bed while rubbing her eyes. Her hair was a mess, strains of hair flying all over the place. It felt like she got zero sleep even when she slept for 12 hours. Too much sleep can do some harm as little sleep.

   Getting out of bed, Katsumi saw her personal things on top of the extra folded blankets in the corner of the room. Going over towards it, she saw a written note next to her things.

Ms. Katsumi,

I apologize for not giving back your things sooner. I had your clothes cleaned as well as your bag and items. My servants had a bit of difficult time cleaning them as they are quite peculiar. They had damaged some things, so they were in repair. They could not fix some things, and I apologize on my servants' behalf. Thank you for your understanding.

King Sanjiro

   Katsumi unzipped her purse that she hasn't touched in weeks. Her purse was spotless and had evidence of being sewed. The first thing Katsumi pulled out was her phone. She hoped they didn't put her phone in water to clean it. She spoke too soon. Her phone wasn't turning on, assuming they did in fact clean it with water or the battery died. She didn't have a charger and even if she did, there wasn't an outlet to use. She wasn't sure if anyone from her world was trying to contact her, she would never know.

   Letting out a sigh, Katsumi put her dead phone back in her purse. Looking over towards her casual clothes, she remembered wearing them to her first date. Her first date of being stood up that is. She's been used to wearing kimonos that wearing modern clothing would be weird to her now.

Hearing a knock on the door, Katsumi looks dover towards the sliding door. "Come in."

   The door slid opened, revealing the person she sees daily. "Good morning, little lady! You look adorable even with bedhead!" Tsubaki winked charismatically.

   Averting her gaze, Katsumi laughed under her breath. "Good morning to you too, Tsubaki."

   Blinking at the purse she was holding, Tsubaki eyed it curiously. "Didn't you have that the first day we met?"

   "Yes. It's been getting cleaned and repaired the entire time. I've completely forgotten about it since I've been studying so much. Not to mention, I've been dragged into dress fitting for several days already. It totally slipped my mind."

Tsubaki rubbed the back of his head. "My apologies for making you do so much lately."

"It's not your fault. I understand that you've been pretty busy too."

"I have. Being a prince is no easy task. But anyway... I'm here to inform you about what my father has told me." Assuming that it was about the star stone, Katsumi listened carefully. "He informed me that he will be telling you the secret tonight at the ball."