Prologue

It all starts at a two story high school, Fukuoka High School

It all starts at a two story high school, Fukuoka High School. The story of a young second year student who thinks there is nothing special about her.

Sitting at the second to last desk near the window, a girl with long dark brown hair tied into two braids was staring out the window. Her eyes were brown like coffee with extra creamer. Her school uniform was a light beige sweater with a brown undershirt. A brown and white striped collar complemented the look, adorned with a red ribbon.

"Katsumi Higurashi."

Looking towards the front, Katsumi closed her eyes, responding in a tired tone. "Present."

Katsumi knew once the school day was over, she would have to go work at her part time job. After that... Home. Most teenagers loved going straight home, but her... She rather not.

Opening her eyes, Katsumi's gaze wandered over towards the transfer student who just enrolled a week ago. His hair was golden like the sun, fluffy like a cloud. He had the most gorgeous magenta eyes she has ever seen.

His name sounded like an angel's requiem. Jun Hayabusa.

It felt like she was a kouhai wanting her senpai to notice her. God that's such a cringey thought! We're in the same grade for crying out loud!

But either way, Katsumi wondered if Jun would ever take an interest in a plain girl like her. There were many girls that swooned over him, throwing themselves at his feet. She didn't want to be one of them, but she ended up joining in on the bandwagon.

The bell rang, indicating that it was the end of class. Katsumi was putting her things away in her bag. She heard someone stop right beside her desk, looking up to see...

"J-Jun?!" Katsumi felt like her heart was about to pop out of her chest. As a result, she tipped her bag over, her things spilling all over the floor.

Jun chuckled at her flustered expression, picking up her things for her. "Katsumi Higurashi, right?"

Grateful yet embarrassed, Katsumi quickly grabbed her fallen stuff from Jun, stuffing all of it in her bag. "Y-Yes..." At this moment, she wanted to jump out of the second story window.

"I've been meaning to say this for a while now, but you're pretty cute."

Katsumi felt like she was dreaming. "You... Do?"

Jun nodded. "I do. I wanted to ask... Are you free tomorrow?"

Luckily for her, tomorrow was her day off from work. Nodding happily, a wide smile appeared on her face. "I am! Do you want to hang out or something?"

"Well... I was thinking that you and I... Can go on a date."

"A... What now?!"

Jun let out a laugh. "You heard correctly. I want to take you out on a date. Does meeting at the macaron cafe around 5pm sound good to you?"