Chapter 7| Bittersweet Memories

Capricorn is considered an Earth sign, and one of the four Cardinal signs

  Capricorn is considered an Earth sign, and one of the four Cardinal signs. Capricorn is said to be ruled by the planet, Saturn. In Vedic Astrology, Capricorn was associated with the Crocodile, but astrologers consider Capricorn as sea goat. Its symbol is based on the Sumerians' primordial god of wisdom and waters, Enki, with the head and upper body of a goat, and the lower body and tail of a fish. Later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.

Katsumi stretched on the cushion while letting out a yawn. Two more days has passed, adding up to a total of four days since she's been in this strange world. She still didn't get the concept of why she needed to study so much about her own Zodiac sign for the star stone to work. She's been meaning to ask the king about it, but he's been so busy lately.

All because of the upcoming Obon Festival. A festival to honor the spirits of the dead. Katsumi remembered attending last year's Obon Festival, lighting a lantern in honor of her late older brother. Those six years had flew by, feeling like that amount of time hasn't passed.

Letting out a sigh, Katsumi got up from the cushion. Looking outside, she eyed the door that lead to the hot springs, almost like it was calling her name. Her body has been feeling very tense lately, so it wouldn't hurt to take a dip. Getting herself a towel, Katsumi was preparing to take an outdoor bath. To finally spend some alone time besides studying.

~*~

After getting herself cleaned up and tying her hair into a high bun, Katsumi was wearing a towel over her body. Putting one foot into the water, she slowly start to ascend more into the steaming water. It was boiling hot, but it felt so good on her cool skin. It felt like her once tense muscles were loosening, the knots getting untangled.

Sinking her shoulders into the water, Katsumi let out a relaxed sigh. This was exactly what she needed. It's been Capricorn this, and Capricorn that for four days straight! Even though she loved her astrology sign to the stars beyond, learning so much about it felt like her head was going to explode from information overload. "I hope I finally get to ask the king about it today..."

The backdoor to her room suddenly slid open. "Little lady! Are you here?!"

Seeing it was Tsubaki, Katsumi's face turned a dark shade of red. "Can't you see I'm taking a bath?!"

Seeing Katsumi in just a towel, a bright blush appeared on Tsubaki's face. "I'm so sorry for barging in on you like this! It wasn't my-"

"Intention, I know! Just get out of here!" Still flustered, Tsubaki slowly slid the door closed. He was no longer in sight, filling the air in silence. Not believing Tsubaki would walk in on her like this, it felt like she couldn't be in the hot springs for long without overheating from her own riding body temperature.

~*~

Shortly getting out of the hot springs, Katsumi got changed into the kimono she was given. Undoing the bun in her hair, she started to braid one side of her hair. As she was finishing up with the other braid, there was a knock on the door. Going over towards it, she opened it, seeing Tsubaki with a camilla flower in his hand. He continued to wear a blush, averting his gaze. Extending the flower to her, he couldn't bring himself to look at her. "Here... To apologize for earlier."