Chapter 6| Starlight, Star Bright

It's been about a couple days since Katsumi stayed at Taiyosei Palace

It's been about a couple days since Katsumi stayed at Taiyosei Palace. She was mainly crammed in her room, reading books about her own astrology sign. The first step into making this star stone work is to know your own astrology sign, not knowing how that even worked in her mind.

Capricorn is the tenth out of twelfth astrological sign, originating from the constellation, Capricornus, the horned goat. Capricornus is commonly known for looking like a sea-goat. In other words, a goat-fish hybrid.

The astrological sign called Capricorn is still used to denote the position of the solstice, and the latitude of the sun's most southerly position continues to be called the Tropic of Capricorn: The line on the Earth at which the sun is directly overhead at local noon on the day of the December solstice.

Closing the book she was currently studying from, Katsumi let out a long sigh. She didn't think entering a new world meant more studying. She did enough of that in the real world.

Thinking about the real world, Katsumi wondered how her mother was doing. Did she even miss her or was she glad that she was gone? Knowing from the treatment her mom has been giving her, Katsumi assumed her mom was happy without her. It felt like Katsumi was never exceptional to her mother. Even studying hard and making extra money wasn't good enough.

The song of storms played in her head, a dark cloud appearing above her head. The outside contradicted her mood, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, the sun shining brightly. Even if it was sunny, it was raining in her heart.

When it rains. It pours.

Hearing someone humming near her bedroom door, Katsumi quickly wiped her tears away. There was a knock on the door, knowing who it was already. "Come in."

The sliding door opened, revealing the happy-go-lucky faerie prince who was carrying a tray with a kettle and two tea cups. "You've been studying so hard so I figured that-" He paused, looking at Katsumi's expression. Setting down the tea tray on the table, Tsubaki sat down on the extra cushion. "What happened, little lady?"

Katsumi lowered her head while shaking her head. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Feeling Tsubaki's hands on her face, he gently lifted her head up to face him. He looked at her with worry. "You were crying, weren't you?"

Katsumi was trying to hold it together, the tears in her eyes started forming. "It's not a big deal..."

"What's wrong? Have these studies been overwhelming you?"

Katsumi shook her head. "It's not that... I just feel a little homesick."

"You poor thing..." Tsubaki wiped her tears away with his finger. "If I could take you to your home, I would."

Katsumi sniffed, feeling even more tears forming in her eyes. "You're so kind for thinking that."

Tsubaki was giving her a gentle look, leaning his face close to hers. He planted a kiss on the top of her forehead. "It will be alright. One day, you will be able to go home. If that's what you want."