Epilogue

Katsumi was able to go back to her own time since she wanted to finish high school

Katsumi was able to go back to her own time since she wanted to finish high school. When she first got back to her own time, she found out her mother had put up missing posters, contacting the police station on numerous occasions. It honesty surprised her. When she reunited with her mother, her mother had embraced Katsumi while crying, repeatedly apologizing for the way she had treated her. Her mother practically bowed on her knees while recapping all her wrongdoings while claiming she will do better. Forgiving her mother, their relationship had started getting better from that day forward.

Thanks to the pendant that was the key to summoning the portal at the abandoned shrine, Katsumi could travel back and forth between her time and Tsubaki's time any time she wanted.

Since Katsumi was appointed as the goddess of the stars, she would often go to the abandoned shrine that started it all. She had turned it into her own shrine, fulfilling her duties with prayers and meditation, dedicating herself to the stars above.

A year and a half later after her graduation, Katsumi informed her mother that she will be moving out. Much to her mother's sadness, she was willing to let her daughter live her own life. Her mother still felt horrible for treating Katsumi so badly, even when her daughter forgave her.

Saying her goodbyes to her mother, Katsumi walked towards the abandoned shrine to be able to go to the year 1821. Closing her eyes, her entire focus was on the pendant. A blue glow surrounded her, summoning a portal in the shrine box. Shutting her eyes, she jumped into the portal without hesitation. In an instant, Katsumi opened her eyes, seeing that she was back in Taiyosei.

Katsumi had teleported to where everything started. The area that was covered in pink. Where she had first met Tsubaki. Hearing the siren song, Katsumi knew who it was right away.

Running towards where the pink water was, Katsumi saw Tsubaki in the water, paying respects to his late mother. To her surprise, Ryusai was leaning his back against the tree, patiently waiting for Tsubaki to finish. It brought a smile on her face seeing them getting along. Both seeing her there, Tsubaki got out of the water, running towards her like he hasn't seen her in years.

Hugging her tight, Tsubaki squeezed her to the point where she couldn't breathe. "Katsumi! I missed you so much!"

Katsumi's face was red for two reasons. Unable to breathe properly, and the fact that Tsubaki was naked. "Please put some clothes on!" This is just like that time all over again!

A red kimono got thrown on Tsubaki's back, the sound of someone clicking their tongue came after. "Have some decency, your highness." Ryusai stood there with a teasing smirk.

Grabbing the kimono that was thrown on his back, Tsubaki began putting it on. "Sorry. I got a little too excited there."

Ryusai lowered his eyes, soon after closing them. "I can tell."

Knowing what Ryusai meant by that, a deep red blush appeared on Katsumi's face. She didn't know how to feel about all of this. "While it's flattering that you're excited to see me... Please just... No."

Tsubaki gave her a teasing smirk. "But you're almost of age, aren't you?"

Placing her hands over her eyes, Katsumi kneeled down in embarrassment. "Don't even mention that!"

Laughing at her flustered reaction, Tsubaki helped Katsumi stand back up. "I was only teasing! I would never force anything on you, not even myself, but... Just say the word when you want to." He winked afterwards.

Ryusai rolled his eyes. "Katsumi. Since you've completed school in your time, will you still be fulfilling the end of the bargain?"

Remembering the promise her and Tsubaki had made back then, she nodded. Once Katsumi had completed school in her time, she would come back and become his queen all while continuing to fulfill her duties as the goddess of the stars.

Grabbing a hold of Tsubaki's hand, Katsumi looked at him with charming eyes. "I'm ready to make that commitment."

Staring back at her with gentle eyes, Tsubaki squeezed her hand. "I've been longly waiting for this day to arrive."

Staring lovingly at each other while feeling like they were the only two in the area, Ryusai could tell they were lost in their own little world. Letting out a sigh, he slapped Tsubaki's back while walking towards the direction of the kingdom. "Come on. The people are awaiting our arrival."

Tsubaki snickered whole patting Ryusai's shoulder. "I know you're feeling green with envy. Don't worry, Ryusai! I'll help you find a cute girlfriend!"

Brushing Tsubaki's hand away, Ryusai continued to walk without turning around. It was assumed that he was flustered by the tone of his voice. "S-Shut up!"

Watching him disappear out of the area, Tsubaki chuckled. Looking down towards Katsumi, he brought her closer to him. "Before we head out, there's something I want to do first."

Katsumi cocked an eyebrow. "Which is..?"

Cupping her face with his hands, Tsubaki brought her face close to his, sharing a long, deep kiss with his lover. With wavering eyes, Katsumi slowly closed her eyes, getting lost in the sweet kiss. It was gentle with a hint of passion. If they deepened the kiss, they knew that Ryusai would wonder what was taking so long.

Savoring the last of their kiss, they slowly broke apart, staring into each other's eyes. Still holding hands, Tsubaki began leading the way. "Shall we go, my queen?"

Without hesitation, Katsumi nodded. Letting Tsubaki lead her out of the area, she was excited to start her new life as queen of Taiyosei. She knew Tsubaki would be there to help her along with Ryusai. Even if Tsubaki was half joking about finding a girlfriend for him, she would actually consider helping out. Ryusai deserved happiness too.

Hand in hand, the couple exited out of the area where they had first met. Two complete strangers who met by a strange event had found love in each other. It didn't matter if the person is a human, mythical creature, a god, or anything that was considered different.

What matters... Is how people treat others.

The End