𝙁𝙐𝙉𝘾𝙆

Funk is a musical genre that was born between the mid and late 1960s when mainly African-American musicians fused soul, jazz, Latin rhythms, funk is usually built on a complex groove created from rhythmic instruments such as electric guitar, electric bass,  the Hammondy organ the drums, which play interlocking rhythms.  Funk groups sometimes have a wind section formed by several saxes, trumpets and sometimes a trombone, which play rhythmic "hits".  It was a decisive influence on the development of disco and afrobeat music.  On the other hand, funk samples have been widely used in genres such as hip hop, house and drum and bass.  It has also had a capital influence on the go-go. In the early 1970s funk music arrived in Africa, mixed with typical African songs and rhythms to build a new combination, Afrobeat.

In the 70s, too, the funk appeared in Rio de Janeiro at parties held at the premises of those

time.  In the 80's a band called Kool & the Gang would be discovered, which kept the funk alive.  Bands like The Meters from New Orleans, Funkadelic of New Jersey, The Isley Brothers of Ohio, Archie Bell & the Drells of Houston and many more would raise the sound map of the funk genre, until today.

06/09/19