chapter 21

"I don't know she was freaking out she wouldn't tell me over the phone,"

"She said nothing at all ?!"

"Not a word, but her voice was shaking, something is very wrong with her Venus I'm telling you!" James exclaimed.

As Venus and James got into the car to drive over to Sophia's place after getting a distressing call of her sobbing but not stating what was wrong.

"Goddess help," Venus mumbled, worried for her friend.

After the car ride filled with tense silence both the friends upon reaching Sophia's house sprinted out of the car and towards the main door, James practically barrelling through it.

They went in to see the house was a mess, broken chairs, photo frames on the floor, shattered glass and pillows everywhere. Now the intense worry kicked in, they picked up her scent, she was in her room upstairs.

They ran up and into her room to see Sophia curled into a ball on her bed, sobbing.

"SOPHIA," they both exclaimed and embraced their friend into a tight hug, as she held onto them both, her baby blue eyes bloodshot and face red, the poor girl looked absolutely broken.

After she calmed down they made her tell them what happened, and Sophia silently got up and went to her dressing table, opening a drawer and taking out three sticks and a folded paper, it was an opened present.

What both of them saw made them gasp loudly and look at each other with wide eyes.

"Wait what," James whispered, bewildered

"Sophia, have you double-checked?" Venus asked trying to remain calm,

Sophia nodded and said

"Yeah I even went to the pack doctor and its confirmed,

I'm pregnant."

"Sophia why on earth are you sad and crying have you lost your mind this is amazing news, go tell Knox right now!"

Upon hearing that Sophia started crying again.

"For goodness sake Sophia what's wrong?!" James asked.

"ITS KNOX, I TOLD HIM, I SURPRISED HIM THAT IM PREGNANT AND HE LOST IT, FLIPPED EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN, AND LEFT THE HOUSE, HE HASN'T BEEN BACK SINCE MORNING, AND ITS 5 NOW!" Sophia cried out, as big tears started rolling down her face.

James and venus were in disbelief.

"What?" Venus breathed, not able to believe that he left his mate in such a distressed state after hearing she was pregnant 

when she needed even more care? and Knox always had been so fragile with Sophia, what had happened now? She wondered as she looked at James who was comforting Sophia with the same look on his face.

This wasn't like Knox at all.

Nodding at James, venus moved out of the room to call dante and ask him to call Knox.

"Hey, baby,"

Right on the second ring Dante picked up the phone, his deep baritone humming through the speakers.