chapter 9

She was back in the place she first set eyes on her mate, but the circumstances were very different and she didn't know how to feel about that.

Dante sat behind his desk in his black sharp suit, while Venus was in a pair of ripped jeans, a sleeveless top, and a pair of low-top vans.

After the kiss in front of the entire pack, Venus couldn't stop blushing, hours later when Dante and the rest were back to training on her way home she was questioning what she really meant to him.

 Venus decided that before she lost her mind she would much rather talk to him about it and settle it once and for all.

Around 5 in the evening she walked up to his office, knocked, and then shortly after entered upon his permission.

James and Sophia had advised that she stay calm and not lose her temper.

"Sit," he commanded, not sparing her a glance and rummaging through a stack of papers.

She did as told, annoyed that he wouldn't acknowledge her presence.

She cleared her throat, once. Twice.

"What do you want," Dante growled impatiently.

Shocked and angered Venus snapped,

"Don't you dare growl at me or use that tone of voice with me Dante, not after the stunt you pulled in the clearing today."

"What is it," he asked in a much gentler tone.

It was this time that Venus held her breath, the question was on the tip of her tongue yet she couldn't say it out loud.

The silence made Dante look up and raise a thick brow, the specks of gold in his green eye seemed to be glowing along with the black rim that held the storm of his dark ocean blue eyes.

"Whatarewe?" Venus let out in one breath.

Dante studied her in silence.

It unnerved her.

"What do you think we are?" He asked instead, leaning back in his chair.

His hot gaze made Venus look down at her entwined hands, there was so much going through her, she was in turmoil.

"I don't know," she whispered ever so lowly, for it had not been for his sharp senses he would have missed it.

Sighing he stood up and walked around the desk to stand in front of her.

Using his thumb and forefinger he held her chin in between and made her look at him, sparks zapping through them upon their touch.

"Tell me what really is on your mind Venus," he demanded huskily, his voice deep and rough, but gentle as if not to startle her.

"I-I just-" venus started but couldn't make a sentence.

She inhaled deeply and then said,

"I want to know what we are and where I stand, you say you do not want me but you almost ripped a warrior's head off because he touched me, and Ariana ..." Venus trailed off, her voice shaky and her eyes begging him to make known the truth.

Dante clenched his jaw and walked towards the window, his back towards her.

"First of all Venus we are mates, there is no question in that and as for Ariana, she and I are-" Dante got cut off when the door was thrown open and there stood a very sweaty and shirtless Knox and a wide-eyed Gabriel.

"What is the meaning of this," Dante demanded.

"Alpha, you've got to see this we found this footage from last night from one of the security cameras, and we double- no triple checked it to make sure it's real," Gabriel rushed out and it was the first time Venus saw him lose his composure.