chapter 14

A blurry grey.

That's the first thing Venus saw, she then blinked her eyes, her sight more focused. A rusty grey roof, she blinked again.

Her mind registering a dull throb at the back of her head, as she realized she was sprawled across the hard concrete floor, carefully she leaned up using the little strength she had.

Suddenly a sharp pain in her head made her hiss in agony and she fell back onto the floor, clutching her head in her hands, her eyes clenched shut.

After a while, the pain subsided, and Venus tried to sit up again more carefully this time, she looked at her hands to see them full of blood.

Confused she touched her temple to see fresh red blood trickling down in droplets down her fingers.

She was losing blood.

She looked around, a dirty and small grey room. A door.

She slowly used the wall next to her to stand up, and as she did the sound of chains caught her attention and she looked down to see both her feet in shackles.

"Damn it," she cussed out softly.

And they seemed very heavy and made of silver she realized.

If she tried to touch it, it would burn her, thanks to the thick and high socks she was wearing, else she would have wounded feet to deal with too.

She looked up sharply when she heard footsteps approaching, heavy booted footsteps.

Venus pushed herself against the wall and slid down, to make it look like she had no strength left in her.

The sounds of keys jingling and a lock being opened caught her attention and the rusty door was thrown open to see a tall silhouette of 6'1.

Venus squinted her eyes from the light coming from the other side,

"Look who's finally awake," the man said, his deep voice ringing out across the small room.

Venus kept quiet and watched under her lashes.

"You know it was very hard to get my hands on you, but would you look at that, we're here now aren't we," he said, chuckling in the end but Venus kept her silence.

That seemed to agitate him,

"Speak you wench," he thundered.

Venus flinched but still kept quiet.

The angry man stepped forward and towered her.

Venus clenched her eyes shut.

After a second the sound of hand meeting skin sharply reverberated across the room.

He slapped Venus across the face, then pulled her up by her hair, making her look at him.

Blood oozing from her lip, and her cheek numb from the hit Venus finally in some light took in her captor's features, and what she saw knocked the breath out of her lungs.

The man in front of her was in striking likeness to her mate, it was as if she was looking at Dante as if he were old.

But the only difference was that this man's eyes were a dull green, Dante had a striking forest green eye and a deep-sea blue one.

Now up close he also seemed to have a deep scar running across the side of his cheek, from his ear to his cheekbone.

"That's it, sweetheart, take a good look at the father of your mate who's going to kill you first, making sure he watches," he spat out,

'then I'm gonna kill him right after, but slowly, and painfully," he said, a sadistic smile on his face.

The image of her mate being put to harm ignited a fire in Venus that the hit from her captor didn't, with all her strength she pulled her leg back and kneed him in the crotch.

Her captor doubled over in pain and let out a cry of pain, sinking to his knees and cupping his crotch.

The only thing that was stopping venus from her freedom was the thick silver shackles around her feet, as she tried pulling them off but burnt her hands in the process.

Tears of frustration were sliding down her face.

As she tried kicking them off but it was too late, he was already back upon his feet, and he turned her around and landed a punch right to her temple.

Once again Venus found herself being thrown into darkness.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND HER ANYWHERE?!" Dante thundered, slamming his hands onto the desk.

His eyes were two black pools of fury, his Lycan was a hairsbreadth away from pushing through.

It had been a few hours when James and Sophia had come rushing in to tell Dante and their mates that Venus was missing. Ever since then Dante had been ready to destroy anything in his wake.

His Lycan couldn't mind link Venus, it seemed as if she wasn't even there, whoever had her had injected enough wolfsbane into her system to shut her wolf down completely, that was the worst-case scenario.

And Dante had sent out his best warriors and trackers to catch a scent of Venus,

"Dante the trackers are back," Knox said, his face blank and his grey eyes pits of fury.

Dantes's jaw ticked, his eyes murderous.

Three men walked into the office.

"Alpha we caught Luna's faint scent towards the northeast side, and it finished when we got close to the Lunars pack," the tracker stated.

A moment of deafening silence filled the room.

"Get your gear on, we're leaving," Dante said through clenched teeth, his tanned chiseled face a mask of fury.

"And Alpha, whoever did it, they tried to mask their scent, but we caught a little of it," the other tracker stated.

Gabriel and Knox exchanged looks.

"Roberto Suez Salvatore, we caught his scent alpha," the tracker said, gulping audibly.

"WE ARE LEAVING NOW, INFORM THE OTHERS, DOUBLE THE PATROL ON THE BORDERS, NO ONE GETS IN OR GETS OUT!" Dante roared.

As he knocked all the things off his desk, his Lycan was howling in pain and anger from the disappearance of his mate.

"Don't worry Dante, we will find her, just stay strong, stay strong for her," Knox said calmly, even despite his anger.

And then they all strapped up and left on the hunt to find Venus.

"Don't worry baby, just hang on in there, where ever you are, I'm coming and I'm going to find you, I promise,"  Dante mind linked, even though he knew she was cut off, he hoped she got the message some way.

And Dante set out to get back what was his.