chapter 13

"Girl so you finally got down and did the dirty," James squealed, hugging Venus tightly while behind them Sophia clapped her hands ecstatically.

"Guys quiet down, someone might hear," Venus whisper shouted, as she bent down to tie the laces of her white vans, she was wearing a plain white tee loosely tucked into her blue shorts.

The morning that followed their passionate night, Venus awoke in Dantes's arms, he bid her good morning and decided to show her how 'good' of a morning it was before she had to shoo the insatiable lycan to leave as he had meetings to attend to.

James snorted.

"Bitch I bet everyone knows, you reek of him," James said shrugging, now looking at his manicured nails.

"It's true, when the alpha and luna mate and mark the entire pack feels it because it's our completion," Sophia explained.

Venus stood shell-shocked in front of her friends,  horrified by the idea of everyone knowing about them when they mate.

"But we didn't mark or mate he just-he just...," venus trailed off

"Oh sweetie don't fret, it's only natural, and it's gonna happen sooner rather than later," Sophia said.

Venus smiled at her and they made their way out, just as they were about to leave the main door opened and Gabriel, Knox, and Dante walked in, and they seemed to be in a hot discussion, frowns on their faces and knuckles clenched.

"Is something wrong," Venus asked worriedly, noting the look on her mate's face.

Dante looked up to see his little mate walking towards him, his gaze warmed. The fact that his scent was all over her made his Lycan growl and want to take her upstairs and make her his completely. His possessiveness over her was increasing tenfold and they hadn't even mated yet.

"Nothing that concerns you, darling," Knox said, smiling knowingly at Dante.

"Knox don't lie tell me what's the matter?" Sophia persisted, while James nodded his agreement.

"Sophia I said nothing," Knox said, sounding annoyed.

"But I-"

"I said it's nothing!" Knox growled out angrily, and for the first time, Venus had seen him lose his cool.

Sophia stopped short and a heavy silence descended upon the foyer. Her baby blue eyes watered and her lower lip trembled. Knox realized what he had done and an instant look of regret flashed on his face.

He moved forward and she took a step back, and hurt shone in Knox's eyes but Sophias was already crying.

Knox and Sophia had a very gentle relationship, they had arguments like any normal couple but Knox never raised his voice at her, when they would have disagreements they'd always solve them in a calm manner. 

For Knox to raise his voice at Sophia was a big deal.

"Baby-"

Knox got cut off when Sophia turned around and ran out of the house through the back door. Her mate looked lost and tried to make a run through the back door but Venus stopped Knox.

"I think you should give her some time," Venus said, and nodded at James and they both went to follow Sophia.

"Venus you are not leaving this house," Dante commanded.

Venus turned around to look at her mate frowning,

"What why?" She asked

"Because I said so, do not question me, Venus," Dante said, his voice losing its warmth.

"But Sophia-"

"Enough Venus, no means no, you are forbidden to leave this house until I say otherwise," Dante said angrily.

She flinched and took a step back.

His anger was so unjustified and so uncalled for, and it felt like they were back to square one.

 Her chest felt like it had caught fire, but she lifted her chin up, his words or tone of voice didn't affect her, she was so done with him at the moment, she really didn't care right now,

the only thing that mattered was getting to her friend who needed her.

Venus gave Dante a look of disdain and walked out the door with James, not giving a second thought to her actions.

"Venus wait up," James called out, panting.

Venus huffed and waited for her friend to catch up.

"Damn girl why are you running, whew I think- I think I need to start working out, I think I need an oxygen mask or I might reel," James said, fanning himself dramatically.

Venus rolled her eyes but smiled at her friend, they were now in the woods looking for Sophia because no one knew where she was.

In a far-off distance, they heard a twig snap, both of them turned their heads to where the sound came from, their senses high on alert.

And from behind a tree, Sophia emerged, her eyes puffy and red.

James and Venus sighed in relief and ran towards their best friend and tackled her into a hug, and she quietly sobbed in their embrace.

After a while when she calmed down they talked about what happened.

"Such an ass," Sophia muttered, while simultaneously James and Venus said,

"Amen to that,"

"Couldn't agree more,"

After a moment of silence, they all burst out laughing.

Three best friends in the middle of the forest bitching about their mates, what could be better.

After a while, they all got up and ready to go back, but Venus stopped to get some mud off her shoes.

James and Sophia went ahead while Venus stayed back to get the mud off.

Some rustling from the leaves on the side caught her attention. She got up and was about to walk when footsteps caught her attention and she looked to the right,

 just in time to be knocked in the temple by a punch, everything slowly started to blackout and Venus fell onto the ground with a soft thud.

Her head met the forest floor, and her head lolled to the side, spinning, everything was spinning and in the distance, she heard a shrill scream and someone shout her name.

And she completely gave in to the darkness when she felt someone carrying her.

her dark lycanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara