chapter 17

"Yes alpha she is now better, just make sure she had the medicines I've prescribed for her and that she eats healthy like protein, etc, and a word of caution too alpha, our luna is as good as a human without her wolf, she needs extra care," the pack doctor said to Dante.

"And what about her head injury," Dante asked, keeping his voice emotionless and face blank.

"it's hard to say at the moment, her memories might come back or they might not, but since a trigger is needed to make her remember try doing activities with her that you used to, it might work but there is no guarantee," he said cautiously.

Dante growled lowly, he wanted Venus to get her memories back the sooner they could.

And in the hospital room, James and Sophia were helping Venus get ready to leave for the house.

They had introduced themselves as her friends and she felt comfortable around them.

"Hey, can I ask you guys something?" Venus said.

James and Sophia looked over at each other and then nodded at her.

"I asked Dante where my wolf was and he said she was ... Gone but for now only, do you- do you know when she might be coming back?" Venus said, 

her voice a choked whisper in the end as tears gathered in her eyes, she felt alone without her wolf to complete her as a whole, she felt empty.

James and Sophia sat on either side of Venus on the hospital bed and consoled her.

"Venus, you are our luna, Dante is an alpha and a Lycan, his Lycan is already in search of your wolf, and as for you, keep on calling her, pray to the moon goddess, and soon you will have her back,

 don't stress out okay, if you need anything Sophia and I are here, we all are family, and family sticks together remember," James said, as his voice became thick with emotion and Sophia's eyes also watered, Venus was like a sister to them now and seeing her so lost and confused tore at them.

As the three enveloped each other into a tight group hug and cried silently, that's how their mates found them.

"Sophia-"
"Are you three always cryi-"
"VENUS WHAT HAPPENED-"

Obviously, the last one was Dante who was by Venus's side in a flash and he pulled her up to his chest and gently held her to himself, then wiped away a few tears off her face with his thumb, as he cradled her face in his hands looking at her for signs of hurt, worry etched across his handsome features.

Venus giggled lightly at his concern and Dante found a smile tugging at his lips when he heard the sound.

Beautiful, he thought.

"Are you ready to leave?" Dante asked lowly, wanting his mate and his mate alone to see the soft side of him, not anyone else.

Venus nodded and Dante clasped her hand in his large ones and led her to the car, where they sat and headed back home.

Once they reached Venus was in awe of the beauty of the large mansion, it was stunning.

As she stood in the foyer and examined everything,

"This is your home," she asked

"No this is just my house," he replied, as he clasped his hands behind his back and the white tee he wore stretched deliciously across the broad expanse of his chest and shoulders.