Self - Sacrifice

"Hey Hun....'", Piper greeted in a dismal manner, Colt burrowed his eyebrows and moved slightly making space for her to sit. Slowly Piper made her way next to him and the two sat in silence. 

"You okay there?", Colt turned and viewed the older female. Pipers' usual cheerful complexion was replaced with a teary-eyed and pale woman, her hair which was once neat was now in a messy bun, hair strands poking out and falling to the side of her face. 

Colt had to admit that even his complexion was beginning to degrade, he felt so sticky and hot. His outfit didn't seem to help the situation as well. Now being aware of how humid the cave had been he began to unbutton he blazer and set it off to the side.

Piper watched and hummed slightly, "heh, I see you feel the same way I do, however, I can't just take off my top-", she and Colt began to chuckle slightly breaking the tension.

"Yeah... I wasn't exactly expecting these turn of events", Colt thought about what had been before this whole fiasco. A sudden feeling of overwhelming sadness overcame him.

"I guess I just really put all my faith into tonight. I'd finally gotten a date with a girl I..., well it doesn't really matter anymore."

"Hun' I'm so sorry to hear that, I really wished things would've gone better as well.", Piper hugged Colt gently in an effort to comfort him. "Look, things will get better, I mean, all I'm saying is that you aren't alone. You have your mother...Jessie, me, you have all your other friends too.".

The two stayed silent until Colt looked up to the female and smiled slightly, "I guess you're right Piper, thank you for your kind words." Standing up Colt felt a determination, he was going to overcome this, they were going to overcome this, after all, he was the sheriff.

Standing up with a new type of determination Colt and Piper walked into the cave together, they smirked at each other and separated, determined to help out as many citizens they could.

-----

Laughter could be heard from a distance, upon a closer view, we could see the two brawlers laughing up a storm. Both Shelly and Brock were on the floor, Shelly wiped tears from her eyes and Brock held his stomach in pain.

"And then- hah- and then I- *Wheeze*", Brock was unable to finish his sentence as another wave of laughter overcame his system. Shelly began to regain herself, she got up and dusted her bottom. She turned towards Brock and held a hand out to him, reaching out he grabbed her hand and helped lift himself. A few chuckles and giggles were heard as the two pushed forward.

"Heh, we need to calm down- We should be there soon", Brock nodded his head and cleared his throat before beginning to talk. 

"Gotcha' hehe sorry about the jokes back there, I didn't mean for us to waste time.", Brock scratched his head lightly, Shelly just shook her head and hummed to herself.

"Don't worry about that amigo, it's good to laugh at times, especially times like these..."

Shelly had caught Brock's attention as he gulped silently, he really began to think about what had happened. 

"Yeah, you're right. Today was seriously just so traumatic it happened out of nowhere-", Brock thought to himself before continuing.

"do you think there is something wrong with the system?". That question seemed to shake up the atmosphere, a gust of cool air whoosh past Shelly's arm, she shivered in response.

"I-I'm not sure, but you could be right. But if this was the fault of supercell then wouldn't they have come by now?", Brock thought for a moment before grunting in agreement.